I can floss again!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBartender

I can floss again!

#1 Post by HeyBartender »

I have not been able to floss since I got my braces last September. The threader flosses did nothing but frustrate me to the point where I just gave up on it alltogether. The hygienist who did my last dental cleaning gave me a hard time about it, and my cleaning was pretty painful because of it. I guess 2x a day with my Sonicare just wasn’t cutting it. She showed me AGAIN how to use the threader flosses, and AGAIN I spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out at home before giving up again.

The other day, I saw this on drugstore.com, and I bought it. LOVE IT!! It makes flossing with braces soooo much easier. I haven’t seen them in actual stores though- I can’t imagine this wouldn’t be a popular product among those of us with braces!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... BCRP-72739

Just wanted to share my ‘find.’ I can’t wait to see how much easier my next cleaning is!

straighter-teeth

#2 Post by straighter-teeth »

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out!

RabbleRouser

#3 Post by RabbleRouser »

Just got my braces Wed 5/3, and I broke a sweat the first time I tried to floss with regular floss. I bought this device and use it on the molars in back, because they were very hard to reach with threader. Works well and is very easy to use. Anyone who wants one in So. Texas can get them at HEB for around the same price.

JoeMama

#4 Post by JoeMama »

There's this thing named "Floss Fish" that works well too. Someone from that company posted on this message board a couple months ago. I ordered a few and they're great! I floss in the same amount of time I did before braces. I love it. If you can find the old thread, there's a discount code to use when ordering.

http://flossfish.com/
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

That perishing flossfish video keeps dropping out before the guy gets to the back teeth!

Looks interesting and quick.

I've pretty much mastered superfloss and can do two arches with one thread in just a few minutes.