Orthodontic hooks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Henna_the_braceface

Orthodontic hooks

#1 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I've had these 4 hooks put in a few days ago for the springs im going to get and they have been really painful. I've used nearly all my supply of wax and have got about 3 blistering ulcers.. any advice please?

Henna_the_braceface

#2 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

thanks a lot KK! i will try that!

isabel1971

hook cure

#3 Post by isabel1971 »

I hope that you are feeling better by now. As an alternative solution to the hook irritation, however, you can bend them in a tad bit. I had to do that to 3 bottom ones. The ortho. did not say a word as now all is totally fine!
Best of luck...hang in there
Isa

Henna_the_braceface

Re: hook cure

#4 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

isabel1971 wrote:I hope that you are feeling better by now. As an alternative solution to the hook irritation, however, you can bend them in a tad bit. I had to do that to 3 bottom ones. The ortho. did not say a word as now all is totally fine!
Best of luck...hang in there
Isa
Thanks Isabel I will try that too. :D

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

i have the type of hooks which are attached to the archwire not the brackets....

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

I'm getting canker sores on the inside cheeks from MY ELASTICS!
Can't put wax on them! :-(*
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

nykol77

#7 Post by nykol77 »

I have had the same problems, bith with the hooks and the elastics. When the sores are really bad I rub a bit of hydrogen peroxide to prevent any type of infection.
nick
braced Dec 7th 2004

Henna_the_braceface

#8 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

thanks a lot 4 ure help guys.. just 1 question. why would they put hooks in if the springs were to come 2 months later? couldn't they put the hooks and the springs in 1 appointment? thanks again :)

Chris

#9 Post by Chris »

thanks a lot 4 ure help guys.. just 1 question. why would they put hooks in if the springs were to come 2 months later? couldn't they put the hooks and the springs in 1 appointment? thanks again :)
All I can say is who knows why they do what they do. I could spend days asking question after question, but the other patients would be looking at me like, "cant you see I'm waiting here too!" Sometimes its not until months later that I see what he's trying to do, but other times I'm thinkin, 'why can't you fix more than one thing at a time'?

I'll be an old lady before these braces come off.

Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Huon

#10 Post by Huon »

Try Orabase. It works well with ulcers.
Huon