I am Getting sick of soup

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fran1988

I am Getting sick of soup

#1 Post by Fran1988 »

I have been looking around on the forums, and have noticed that quite a few people have got access to their photos from their Ortho. I was wondering if every body can get access to their photos from their treatment or is it part of the treatment? If many orthos do this, at what stage do they?

Also when i had my braces applied Tuesday just gone, my Ortho said that the bracket, on the top left, 2nd bicuspid, fell off whilst he was applying the Arch wire. He said not to worry about it because he will fix it when i go for my first adjustment in another 8 weeks time. However, i have noticed that the pain has subsided a heck of a lot in the past couple of days on my left, top bicuspids compared to the right side's. I was wodering if because the arch wire stops on the 1st bicuspid would it at all effect the amount of time my treatment will take?

Finally....... When will i be able to eat proper food again?? i am dying to eat a Pizza, especially after all me mates went to Pizza Hut last night!! :lol:
I am getting sick of SOUP as it is all i can eat. Because of the bracket issue with my left bicuspid, i can apply a lot more pressure on the left side of my mouth but not enough for semi hard food... HELP!

Betty Bat

#2 Post by Betty Bat »

Howdy,
There have been quite a few discussion on food (it's a very popular topic!) and what to eat when you're having trouble chewing, etc. Here's a good link: viewtopic.php?t=8829&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=

This is the one on finding veggies and protein that don't require much chewing.

Like most things about braces, the answer to when you will be able to eat "proper food" is --- it depends. It depends what you are having done, what you had done to get ready for the braces, etc. I've had mine for 6 months now and I can eat a lot of things, but I still find that it is harder to bite than it is to chew, so I'm still waiting for my burger. But, I do eat pizza now, so try to hang in there!

TuZZi

#3 Post by TuZZi »

I had a hard time eating most solid foods for the first 3 months I was in braces. During that time, I ate mashed potatoes, oatmeal, soup, smoothies, milkshakes, apple sauce, canned fruit, mashed yams, peanut butter, and my new breakfast staple... BOOST. Yes, you don't need to be over 60 to drink Boost... it's actually quite enjoyable. I drink at least one can a day now to start my mornings, and I haven't got sick of it yet.

The one thing I hated about not being able to chew was the fact I was craving any food I had to chew after about 4 days. But that craving quickly subsided after I either got something stuck, got worried about breaking something, or my mouth became so mucked up with food that I gave up.

I'm now in my 9th month, and I've gotten really brave the last couple months with eating, but I still don't eat as often as I should, with most days not eating an actual small meal until I've been awake for at least 6-8 hours. Usually the Boost and a cup of Tim Hortons coffee can keep my stomach growling at bay until then.

Basically, the thing to remember is to ease yourself slowly into foods you don't know if you can eat or not. Just go at your own pace... there are plenty of foods out there that are easier to eat than others. And always remember a knife and fork are your friends.... no matter how weird you look using them to eat a donut :P
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

butterfly

#4 Post by butterfly »

Try to chew using different parts of your mouth. In the beginning a had only 2 back teeth to chew with. All other ones hurt too much. After 2 weeks or so I could eat semi hard food.

About those ortho photos... I will get them back after the treatment, of course. I ordered them, I paid for them, -they are MY photos! My ortho is just using them.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Dark_angel

Re: I am Getting sick of soup

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

[quote=]
Finally....... When will i be able to eat proper food again?? i am dying to eat a Pizza, especially after all me mates went to Pizza Hut last night!! :lol: [/quote]

My ortho hospital is in town and ive discovered that straight after an adjustment the pain hasnt set in, so i nip to pizza hut and eat :D last pig out for a few days. Also i tend to shop alot too, adjustments are expensive :cry:

Anyway at first i thought id never eat anything hard again especially since i couldnt bite into a sandwich. But soon enough everything was back, pizza, nuts, procorn, corn on the cob, you name it i eat it :D