Labrets/Lip rings & braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laqia

Labrets/Lip rings & braces

#1 Post by Laqia »

Well, i've searched the question at hand and found some information on it but I wanted to bring it up again.

I would like a labret piercing but I do now have braces - how badly would this affect the treatment? I was under the impression that it wouldnt damage your teeth (because the brackets would be in the way) but gum recession would still be an issue.

I'm still thinking over whether I should or shouldnt get one. If i decide I want to it'll be after my adjustment in june.

Kourtney Kitty

#2 Post by Kourtney Kitty »

I have a Monroe and a labret piercing. I havent had an issue with either, nor has my ortho mentioned anything.

The only thing I will advise you is that the post sometines gets stuck on the archwire of my braces and snatches half way through my lip. My piercings are healed so it only hurts for a moment. My Monroe has not had any issues.
Kourtney Kitty = Geek Girl = Brace Face! Whoo Hoo!

TuZZi

#3 Post by TuZZi »

It's bad enough when you just have your lips in the way of the brackets, you probably don't want to be introducing anything else that can get stuck.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

hollywood_smile

#4 Post by hollywood_smile »

i dont recommend though

first of all a labret needs some care and so does your braces, u know?
also, will be enough with braces rubbing your mouth, you want braces hitting your labret?
besides it can get stuck, on the healing process, you could really damage the piercing if it gets stucked, you wont be able to use mouth washers, unless you mix with a huge amount of water, because of the alcohol, and some dentrifics, like hard ones, could delay the healing period.
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/