Loose teeth ever make you nervous?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ebjones1

Loose teeth ever make you nervous?

#1 Post by ebjones1 »

My two front teeth are really loose right now. So loose that when I smile, or put any pressure on those teeth whatsoever, they're constantly popping. I know this is somewhat normal, but I'm a little nervous..

I'm also concerned that the gums behind my two front teeth are receding. However, I've heard that receding gums will cause things to be really sensitive since the roots become exposed.

I think just the combination of my gums feeling weird and my teeth being loose is kinda freaking me out.. I'm going for my adjustment this Thursday and will ask my ortho, but thought you guys could maybe gimme a little insight if you've ever experienced this.. :?

poloaa

#2 Post by poloaa »

I got braces on friday and now my bottom front teeth are feeling loose already, i don't worry about it because people said this is normal, that means the teeth are starting to move :wink:
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

hi there,

My front teeth are clicking right now too when I push with my tongue, which is strange because I don't think there has been alot of major movement lately. My bottom front tooth I just made sore by biting into an apple. I did slice it first!

Yes, it bugs me alot but alot of things bug me and worry me. This is just another weird thing about having braces. What would worry me more is alot of intolerable pain that won't go away. Then i would know something is wrong.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

CLAmom

#4 Post by CLAmom »

My front top two are really loose right now, too and make that clicking noise. It's a little disconcerting but I'm sure it's normal since I've read posts from others on this site with the same comment. I just had an adjustment last week where they put a square wire up there so I'm thinking that's why this is going on now. I also feel the weirdest sort of numbness in my top lip that I don't like at all. Sometimes, this is just such an awful process. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end but some days it's just plain hard. :cry:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

payoki

#5 Post by payoki »

my teeth are wobbly all over.
i think if it wasn't for the wires holding it in place, it might fall off while i'm chewing. at first, i was really scared so i made a trip to my ortho and he assured me that it's normal so now i don't worry as much but I still have doubt wether these wobbly teeth will become strong again.
mother of one.

Skinny

#6 Post by Skinny »

Yes I wonder if they will be loose the whole time we wear Braces? I really cant wait till all this is over.
I want to eat again, My teeth better be the purdie-est teeth ever when this is over.
Oh You know whats really Yummy! Dip a dough nut in Hot coco or coffee its super soft and YUMMY!
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

My teeth are doing the clicking thing and I actually like it! lol.

They don't feel that loose at all though...definitely not wobbly or anything like that :roll: Sometimes I wish they felt more loose because so many on here feel that...but I guess its different for everyone.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

I had both archwires changed yesterday and I took the opportunity to run my tongue around my teeth before the new wires went on. Did they feel loose or what? It's a bit scary.

vincent

#9 Post by vincent »

you know about the looseness, does it vary depending on how crocked your teeth are? i have a little crownding on my left side but the front and right side are generally ok, im soooo scared of wobbly teeth, can i expect ot have really wobbly teeth?

vincent

#10 Post by vincent »

yeah cheers Karen, for always giving me reassuring advice, my brace day is on 3 and 10 july, i wnat to get my exams out of the way first, then i will begin tratment, i hope that the feeling isnt like the one where i had my teeth removes, they were killin glike hell i was about to cry, it felt sooo bad, but it seems to be much better today, its still a little sore!!!

mandaluv

#11 Post by mandaluv »

yeah, my teeth go through phases where different teeth do the clicking thingy. i like it.. it's kind of an obsessive thing i guess. but even when i didn't have braces, sometimes i could make my teeth click. but i was wondering if it is bad to keep making my teeth click with my tongue. does anyone know? i just don't want to slow down my progress.