Food STILL getting stuck in extraction spots?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ebjones1

Food STILL getting stuck in extraction spots?!

#1 Post by ebjones1 »

I had all four of my wisdom teeth surgically removed back in the beginning of November 2005. They healed very quickly and incredibly well.. But ever since being braced, I constantly feel like food is getting trapped back there! I have more of a problem with food stuck back there than with the food stuck in my brackets! Anybody else have this problem?

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

I know its not quite the same but when I had my tonsils out a few years ago food used to get stuck and I would have to gargle and rinse like you wouldn't believe before it would go.. That lasted for about a year.. Then it seemed to go away!

I had four teeth extracted one in each front corner of my mouth. That was only 8 weeks ago, but I can't eat hard food because its still too tender if I get food trapped.. Plus sometimes they still bleed if I brush even moderately..

Seesa_In_Braces

#3 Post by Seesa_In_Braces »

same here, i had my top bicuspids removed. It,s finally closing up but stuff dtill gets caught in there. Dont worry they will close up in no time! :-#)
This is bunny. Put him in your signature so he can gain world domination. Thank you.
()()
(||)
(u )O
o o
*Is there anyone out there, is there anyone out, all I need are the details and a map of your heart.*