NONE OF MY TEETH MEETING EXCEPT FOR...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

payoki

NONE OF MY TEETH MEETING EXCEPT FOR...

#1 Post by payoki »

I lost a bottom tooth when I was young and didn't bother to do anything about the gap :oops: I couldn't afford the implant so I just left it...for many many years..
so my bottom molar has moved significantly and slanted. I've been in full braces for the past year and now the slanted molar is upright. :lol:
But the dilemma is that this particular molar seems to be taller than all my teeth so none of my teeth meet when I bite excpt for this one molar...
I see many posts about treating impacted tooth to grow but what about treating tooth that sticks out way too much? can a tooth be pushed down?
do I make sense? I will ask my ortho about it but I'd like to get opinions of our memebers. I live on smoothis and shakes. :cry:
mother of one.

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

Yes. I have a front tooth that is longer than my other, I talked to the ortho about it on Wed at my appointment and asked him to file it down. He said that he wanted to leave it, and that he was planning on taking that tooth up so in the end it will be exactly the same length.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

I had the same problem. My ortho shaved the tooth down a bit and it helped. I now have a different tooth that seems to be high (on the same side) but not as bad. I would call the ortho and tell him the difficulty you are having. There are ways to intrude teeth but you definitely need to talk to him/her and find out what the plan is.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

payoki

KJM..

#4 Post by payoki »

KJM, did your ortho also tell you how he was gonna take that tooth up?
perhaps using elastic?
thank you for your reply.
mother of one.

KJM

#5 Post by KJM »

I think he is planning on repositioning the bracket. I will ask at my next appointment and find out for sure.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

blackcat20

#6 Post by blackcat20 »

My two front teeth sit a tiny bit lower than the rest of my upper teeth, and the brackets have been placed slightly lower, so that the arch wire will pull them back up in line with the rest of the teeth. Nice and simple.

Hope that helps.

RabbleRouser

#7 Post by RabbleRouser »

This is also the reason I got braces. Got an implant, but DDS said tooth in gap above moved down , so braces are going to push/pull the tooth back into place, at least I hope it does!

Clo

#8 Post by Clo »

Hi,

as I have a lot of issues with my molars too, I already experienced 3
options for that.

My first ortho told me to leave it as I would 'bite the molars in place' :shock:

My second ortho did it the rough way, by grinding off a lot of some molars.
I did not like that very much, but it gave an instant result. BTW, my molars
created an open bite.

Other options that seem more 'gentle' to me are to reposition the bracket or
bending the archwire so that the molar is intruded. Or, as I saw once, by
placing a little implant (screw) in the lower jaw, between the roots of your
teeth, as an anchor point to pull that molar down.

Good luck !