Another problem! What else can go wrong? PICS

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Another problem! What else can go wrong? PICS

#1 Post by Gennel »

Well today is officially one week since my 6 extractions. The only good thing I can say is that I just started to feel better yesterday! I still have stitches in my 4 lower extractions. This is the problem: Friday I was in a whole lotta pain. I could not think of anything else except the pain in my stitches. Well I go to the bathroom and slowly lower my bottom lip so I can see the progress of the healing. Well my lower bicuspid next to my lower canine looked really gross (white,dark spots) had a really terrible pain deep down inside my lower lip when I take a closer look it seems to have a tiny hole. He cut deep close to my lower canine so he can pull out the bicuspid! I have done tons of warmwater salt rinses. Gently brushed 2 times a day.I saw gooey pus come out and was so grossed out. I tried wiping with a swab well then I notice that a piece of "dead gum" is just loose and is only attached to the end of a stitch! When I saw it clearly I realize that my lower canine has very little gumline at all!!! I mean they are going to have to sew new gum tissue on that area. I know the canine roots are deep in my jaw and I cant lose this tooth but if you saw it you would think this canine would fall out. I think he cut out the gum so much because my bicuspid cracked and he had to dig it out. To make matters worse I see a little piece of the bicuspid still attached to the side of the canine! How is this possible!???? I am going to try and take a picture of it because I know I sound crazy. I've been through so much pain and the healing time is going to be more like 3 weeks. Now I'm terrified of going back and getting another shot to fix this gumline problem! Wednesday is my appt so the surgeon can check my healing. I will let you know what he thinks I should do... For now the bottom lip area feels like stiff leather sewn to my gums. A piece is still numb after a week!

P.S. forgot to mention that I called him Saturday morning (emergency) I explained about the pus and knew it was getting infected so he prescribed antibiotics and I feel a huge difference. The pain was a 9-10 being horrible!! And now I would say it's 1-2. Just uncomfortable because my lower lip is totally stiff because of the stitches in there.
Gennel
Last edited by Gennel on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pirate Wench

#2 Post by Pirate Wench »

:yikes: What a nightmare. :yikes: I feel terrible for you. I hope things get better for you soon.

Let us know what is happening with you after your appointment on Wednesday. Hopefully there is something they can do for you right away. I am glad you got the antibiotic right away. At least the pain isn't as bad as it was. :thumbsup:

Gennel

#3 Post by Gennel »

I had my daughter take a picture outside today and this was the best one.
Well my tooth looks awful , I am just really upset and afraid now if I will need gum surgery to cover up that section that the gum is missing.
You can clearly see on the side of my bottom canine that there seems to be a sharp piece attached to the bottom side. I found out that this sharp piece is actually bone! The surgeon told me that that piece will eventually fall off since it is exposed to air. He said he can just snip it off but I am still healing and he did not want to do anything else for now. He said it will take a while for everything to heal. He also told me that the hole I was seeing way down on the inside of my lower lip was from a drill that he had to drill in there to help loosen the root that was twisted into the jawbone so a very small piece of the jawbone was removed with the root. I have decided to wait another 2 weeks so I can heal better and have all the dissolvable stitches to come off. I have an appt to a dentist so she can decide the type of cleaning I need on top and will most likely do it that day also. After that I'm making the appt for the orthodontist to get the top brackets on. I called my ortho and they told me that they can give me an appt within 2-3 days after my call so I won't have to delay my braces any longer. The bottom needs to heal much longer and we have to see about receding gumline treatment before I get the bottom brackets. I really want the bottom taken care of real soon because with 4 molars removed from the bottom , Icannot properly chew anything as simple as toast or anything bigger than a lima bean! So no beef for me for a while :(
Below is the picture. Sorry to gross anyone out!
Image[/img]

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Oh my :yikes: that is so aweful looking!

I don't think I could be as positive as you are. It looks like it hurts awefully!!

Keep up the positive attitude and the oral care and you'll be well on your way.

Keep us posted as well!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

x3trinity

#5 Post by x3trinity »

Oh Gennel, that picture really looks like it hurts A LOT! :soremouth:

I hope you get to feeling better really soon, keep us posted.

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."