Tomorrow!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface75

Tomorrow!!

#1 Post by braceface75 »

Tomorrow is the big day!! I get my braces off 8) . I'm nervous but excited too. Does it hurt getting them off?
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006

M1k3y

#2 Post by M1k3y »

Awesome! I'm still about 18 months away but when that day happens I will be thrilled. Post pics of before and after when you have your braces removed.

Henna_the_braceface

#3 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

congratulations! I don't know how long my treatment time is :(
Be sure to post pics! :D

BracesAt42

Doesn't Hurt -- Just Some Strange Sensations

#4 Post by BracesAt42 »

First, congratulations! You are on to the Naked Tooth Club!

Getting your braces off does not hurt at all. You will be amazed at how quickly your brackets come off. Each arch can be completely brace-free in only 3 or 4 minutes! Yes, that fast. The sensation is a bit wierd as the ortho pops off your brackets; doesn't hurt, just makes a loud cracking noise. Not to worry. No pain, just a bit of pressure.

The next part is sanding off any left over bonding material / cement from the brackets. This part is a bit uncomfortable, kind of like having your teeth polished, but a bit more pressure. It goes by quickly, just be patient and think of how great you will feel when you look into the mirror.

Depending on the type of retainers you are getting, the ortho may install them (if you are going with bonded retainers) before or after you are debanded. Based on the posts in The Naked Tooth Club, having bonded reatiners installed is the most uncomfortable portion of the whole debanding process (having to keep your mouth open all that time). Otherwise, if you are getting Hawley or Essix retainers, you will have to have a set of impressions done, which is a breeze, just a strange feeling.

Best of luck, and congratulations!

PS - If possible, take the day off work / school and treat yourself to lunch or dinner or something fun afterward...it will be a MAGICAL day!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

CLAmom

#5 Post by CLAmom »

Congratulations on your upcoming nakedness!! Will you be posting before and after pictures? Those are always so inspirational! :-88 :-** :jump: :-V :-)o :thumbsup: :dance:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

texasangel

#6 Post by texasangel »

Braceface75 - Michele,

I just got mine off yesterday. The brackets came off like nothing !
I can't believe how easy it was for the doc to pop them off.
The most uncomfortable thing for me was the impressions. The bottom didn't bother me as much as the top - I gagged a little on the top ones just because the "goop" was touching the back of my throat.
But all in all it was not bad at all. I got essix retainers yesterday also. They make them at their office. The hawley's will come next week.

Congrats !! on getting your braces off tomorrow ! We'll be waiting for picutres.
(I'm going to try and post some as soon as I can get it to work correctly).

Yepppieee :jump:
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

missing_tooth

#7 Post by missing_tooth »

Congrads, let us know how it goes.

- Missing Tooth -

blondie111

#8 Post by blondie111 »

Hey, Congrats!! I know that has got to be a great feeling! I have a ways to go, but I know I will be as excited as you!! :crazy:

Post some before and after pics, ok??

Good luck tomorrow!!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

sjsarre

#9 Post by sjsarre »

You must be so excited..

Congratulations...

:D

braceface75

#10 Post by braceface75 »

I will try to post pics soon. Thanks for the replies.

I'm getting the clear retainers on Tuesday. I'm getting them off on my lunch break so I will let you know how it went when I get home from work.
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006