Is this normal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

M1k3y

Is this normal?

#1 Post by M1k3y »

Okay so I've had my braces on since May 27th and now I'm starting to feel the wire inside my cheeks. They aren't overbearing but it is just a tiny poke and not to the point to where I'm getting cut. Is this signs of my teeth already shifting or what? My first adjustment isn't until the 24th of this month. Thanks in advance.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi , yep the teeth are moving an the archwire has shifted, you can cut the end of that wire yourself i have ,headgearjoeor you can wax it , or you can take a tweazer an pull it back around, best thing is to call your orthodontist an ask what to do , headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

x3trinity

#3 Post by x3trinity »

Yeah, it means that your teeth are already moving. I had the same thing happen to me about a week after I got my braces. If it gets painful then you need to go get the wire clipped.

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

M1k3y

#4 Post by M1k3y »

I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure since it has only been 7 days. I'm not complaing that my teeth are cooperating and moving at such a rapid pace because this could lead to less time with braces on. Hooray! :lol:
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08