6 weeks in -- any comments? (w/ pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kodius Champion

6 weeks in -- any comments? (w/ pics)

#1 Post by Kodius Champion »

I finally managed to get access to the ortho's pics online! It's kind of embarassing to show everyone how craptactular my teeth are, but that's what we're all here for, right?

I'm 6 weeks wired (top only for now), and I've seen movement with those front teeth, but not a lot anywhere else. What do you think? (And I swear my teeth are nowehere near as yellow as the second picture make them look!)

Before:

6 weeks:

Before:

6 weeks:
Last edited by Kodius Champion on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

That's amazingly quick! And it's very encouraging to be able to see results that quickly.

I was just wondering how soon I should expect to see any movement. I know I'm only 6 days in (thought it was 5) but I've been checking every five minutes!!!!

I wish you continued success and keep us informed with your progress.

Julie

Shawnie

#3 Post by Shawnie »

Looking good! I too see movement with the two front teeth, but also I see a change with your whole right side, especially the right lateral.

Keep us posted
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Kodius Champion

#4 Post by Kodius Champion »

Thanks! :D
I know I'm only 6 days in (thought it was 5) but I've been checking every five minutes!!!!
Heh, I know exactly what you mean. I don't think I've looked in the mirror so much before -- I make quite the inspection every morning when I get up! ("Hmm, is that gap closing between those front teeth? That lateral incisor come down any yet...?")

ingyandbert

#5 Post by ingyandbert »

You're a fast mover! I see a lot of movement, not just in the front. Take a look at your arch before and after and you'll see it's rounding out nicely. That's incredible progress in such a short time. I bet your ortho is pleased!

CLAmom

#6 Post by CLAmom »

That is really fast movement, congratulations! Sometimes we look at our own mouths so much that we don't even see the improvements that others see. I think it looks like a lot of your teeth have moved into the arch already. Nice progress. :-**

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

stephy79

#7 Post by stephy79 »

Wow! That's great! Now I'm really excited to get my braces next week!

Stephanie