Braces are everywhere!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

snowbunny

Braces are everywhere!

#1 Post by snowbunny »

From never seeing anyone wearing braces, well, not at my age anyway, suddenly, they're popping up all over the place. A delivery guy had some really neat looking Damons when he knocked my door the other day. Very discreet looking. Then I go out to get petrol and the guy at my local garage has a full set of big shiny metals. So, I've had others to swap ortho stories with. Anyone else come across other oldies (ie over 30) with braces in the UK?
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Snowbunny,

There's me down here on the sunny south coast!

I only know of one other 'oldie' and she is in her fifities. But my ortho tells me he has almost as many adults as children on his books now. We're the new trend!

Good Luck with yours.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee

#3 Post by Dee »

Hi Snowbunny and Fitchick
I am 43 and have braces. Also in the south of England. Fitchick is your orthodontist in Southampton? This is the chap I am with, he has many adult clients.
Good luck
Dee

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

I'm in the U.S. and my orthos' adult practice is growing by leaps and bounds. Within the next couple of years, it will probably be half their practice.

fitchick

#5 Post by fitchick »

Hi Dee,

Not far, my orthodontist is in Fareham. I can highly recommend him if anyone in the area is looking for recommendations. I'll look out for you Dee next time I'm shopping in WQ!

Good Luck to you with your treatment too.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DichCa

#6 Post by DichCa »

Hey! I'm from Canada and not over 30, BUT I do see a lot of older people with braces. I work in a grocery store and see three loyal adult customers with braces, not counting others. It's pretty awesome and they are so happy with them too. Gives us something to talk about other than groceries. :)
-Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent-

Jennifer

#7 Post by Jennifer »

I think it is great that we no longer think we are to old to get braces. It's not just for children anymore. No longer do we think that the only way we will ever have straight teeth is to wait for the dentures to come into play. :shock: I got debraced last month after 2 1/2 yrs but the retainer makes you feel like you still have braces on because of the wire that goes in front of your teeth. But when I was in my orthodontist office to get my retainer there were 2 adults. That is the first time I seen any adults getting their teeth done. For the last 2 1/2 yrs it has been me with all the young people. The only adults there have been the ones waiting for their children to get done.So this was a nice surprise.And then I took my dog to the vet and yes the receptiontist had braces. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there that has braces at my age ( 47). Of course now it is the retainer, but when you see other adults in braces it is such a good feeling. :wink:
Jenniferne
J.J

Henna_the_braceface

#8 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I go to one in Sheffield. :)

blondie111

#9 Post by blondie111 »

I'm not in the UK, but in the states, and I was at a birthday party Sat. night and it was all 40ish perople there, but a gal came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder and said "I really like your braces!" She smiled wide and she also had a mouth full of metal! So we chatted about them for awhile, but it did make me feel good that there really ARE others out there that are in their 30's and 40's who have them!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!