Crossbite Elastic Hassles!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ASUDEVIL23

Crossbite Elastic Hassles!!!

#1 Post by ASUDEVIL23 »

Anyone ever have their #6 canine connected with an elastic to their #27?? You've gotta be KIDDING me, I can't wear this 24/7. I can't even talk!!

Ugh.

:roll:

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

#6 and #27 ? You must be canine top to canine bottom same side? Hmm...thats an interesting setup. I was going to suggest you ask for larger elastics so that its not so tight but with these teeth so close to each other, I don't know. :?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

ASUDEVIL23

Whoops

#3 Post by ASUDEVIL23 »

I meant 6 to 22. My mistake. It basically crosses RIGHT IN FRONT of my mouth. Totally drives me nuts and how embarrassing?? :oops:

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

Aahh, yes...CLO had something like that...perhaps he'll see this post and respond. I would ask for larger elastics if I were you. I've done that in the past when the tension was too great. They still work probably just slower.

As for "embarrassing"...you learn to talk with your lips slightly closed or totally become indifferent to the way you look and talk/smile as you normally do. I prefer the latter. :D
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

Clo

#5 Post by Clo »

Hi,

yes, I did indeed have an elastic configuration that looked a bit like that :

Yes, I know it is not exactly a 'social' configuration. But in my case, I had
so many elastics of all kinds that I was not that impressed with that being
embarrassing. Like Chris said, when I got this, I guess I already passed
that line where I didn't really mind anymore what my braces looked like.
What I experienced is that, when that front elastic was first put in, I had a
severe lisp, as it prevented my tongue having contact with my lips. But that
lisp went away very quickly. I am sure you will get used to this very
quickly too. And to add an optimistic note here, normally this front elastic
is not there for a very long time. Before you know it, you will get rid of this.
Good luck !

library lady

#6 Post by library lady »

Hey-I have a #7 to a #22 set up, but for now I only have to sleep in it. If you are wearing it all day, you will probably see results fast.

Chris87

#7 Post by Chris87 »

I will be getting elastics in a couple of weeks. Do you have to keep your mouth slightly open in order to keep the tension in the bands?

Chris

#8 Post by Chris »

I will be getting elastics in a couple of weeks. Do you have to keep your mouth slightly open in order to keep the tension in the bands?
No. You'll get enough "tension" just jabbering away. :lol:
On a serious note, your teeth should always be apart in your mouth not together. Definitely helps the jaw joint.
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007