Question about elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PnkPrincess024

Question about elastics

#1 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

for a couple days now i noticed that when i open my mouth it makes a pop sound...i believe the eleastics are connected to #11 and #18...and 2day i noticed that the bracket is loose. do you think this has somthing to do with the elastics being too strong or is it a sign that my bite is being fixed.

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

I noticed the same thing when i yawned with elastics in. Turns out my molar band was loose and when i yawned the band was moving slightly.
call your ortho and get them to check it.

PnkPrincess024

#3 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

i am going to my ortho today so i will have him check if EVERYTHING is in place.

also i just experienced a very bad earache. i heard that earaches can be caused from teeth. do you think it could be from my teeth-but i never feel the teeth on the side of my ear hurt

xostephie

#4 Post by xostephie »

i haven't had any popping yet, except for when the elastic breaks! and ouch, that really hurts! What's odd is that 3/4 of the teeth w/ elastics HURT! Why not the 4th one?! lol Actually, Im happy about that! I've been eating on that side! I can't wait until i get over some of this soreness and can wear them somewhat comfortably (only on day 3, so Im assuming this will take probably the rest of the week! Ahhh!) I definetely see what they're trying to do! I guess maybe my bite goes a little to the right, because everytime i bite down, and then let go, the elastics pull my jaw to the left!