UPDATE!! Must SEE!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MrsDantel

UPDATE!! Must SEE!!

#1 Post by MrsDantel »

I know it has been quite awhile since I have been here.. SOme of you may recall my last dilema.. I couldnt decide if I should get the braces off for my wedding or not or if I should have the potographer take the braces out on photoshop.

I am happy to report that I:

1 Just got Married last month (May 14)

2 I opted to have the braces off and put back on the day after the wedding. 300 bucks. and also had my teeth whitened 350 bucks...

HOWEVER I do NOT recomend anyone get thier braces off and whitened in the same day as I did.. the sensitivity was AWFUL durring and afterwards for a few days then subsided. Next time I will wait a couple weeks when the braces come off for good.

I am so glad i did it.. I cant believe how great my smile is now... even though my ortho said I still have until Summer 2007 left to go.. I still see imperfections and a gap or two but over all... they look alot better than they did before! I can totally do another year even if it is a pain in the butt LOL

Well here are some before shots when I first got braces and following my pretty wedding NO BRACES pics...

Before -

May 2006

27 and Braced!!
Upper Ceramics - March 24, 2005
Lower Metals - May 10, 2005
One day, My teeth will be beautiful!

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

Congratulations MrsDantel!! You're teeth and wedding look wonderful. That's great that everything turned out so nicely. Was it hard to have the braces put back on? I know if mine ever came off, they'd probably never go back on... Did you have a lovely honeymoon as well?
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

MrsDantel

#3 Post by MrsDantel »

nope not at all it was just as before when they put them on the first time.. infact I cant stand the thought of the process of taking them off again.. I hated that,, not that it hurt ... it was annoying and the cracking and scraping sounds ACH! LOL

I have to say though I had discomfort (not as bad as getting braced the 1st time.. but bad enough)

the honeymoon was amazing! We went to the Bahamas, we are planning to go back for a weekend soon.. (yep already) and then in NOV we are going to Hawii for a 2nd honeymoon..

I will probably be fat and pregnant by then LOL We will begin trying for baby number 1 next week!
27 and Braced!!

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

WOW! Your smile looks absolutely fantastic, you have beautiful teeth!

Congratulations on getting married, it looks like it was a great time :D

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

MrsDantel

#5 Post by MrsDantel »

Evelyn,
It was... The best day of my life as of yet!
And about my teeth... thanks so much I honestly never thought they could be pretty.. ever... I never smiled in photos.. infact.. to see these photos is so odd because I am smiling..
If I were to only see a picture of my smile.. I tell you, I wouldnt know whos it was!!
It is definetly a challange to not cover my mouth still.

Braces are back on now... but im still smiling..
27 and Braced!!

36nBraced

#6 Post by 36nBraced »

great pictures and amazing progress on your teeth!

Congrats on the wedding and the great smile!

MrsDantel

#7 Post by MrsDantel »

36nBraced,

Thank You SO much! :D
27 and Braced!!

fitchick

#8 Post by fitchick »

Congratulations Mrs Dantel! The wedding photos looks lovely. And your teeth........you must be so happy. What a beautiful smile. You are what we are all aiming for. Husband too in my case!!! I just cannot imagine having teeth that are so straight and inline that I will want to smile and smile and smile.

Good Luck to you both for your future together and I hope we hear some more good news from you soon!

Julie.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eaglesoaring

#9 Post by eaglesoaring »

Mrsdantel-

WOW!!! What a difference, huh? Your teeth are lovely! And your wedding looks like it was a memorable, what-every-girl-dreams-about kind of day! Congrats! And, I'd like to say congrats on getting your family started! I have one son (9 years old), and the joys I've experienced with him are...well...I can't even describe it! I've never loved so much as when he was born...and I still look at him, at times, and am overcome with such pride! Good luck with getting your new life started! You and your husband make a beautiful couple!

I'm impressed that you had your braces taken off for the wedding...I'd have done the same thing! Looking at your beautiful pics/teeth, I imagine you know it was worth all of the discomfort!

Warm wishes to you and your husband... :)
eagle

Indy

#10 Post by Indy »

Hi Mrs D. Congratulations! Your pictures look BEAUTIFUL! I remember your last post, I believe I replied. $300 to have the braces removed then put back on isn't bad! I'm glad you did what made you happy and that you showed off your beautiful smile.

I will be getting married next summer with braces (probably have them on 10-11 months by then). I can't have them temporarily removed because we are planning on getting married in Hawaii and will stay for the honeymoon, but I'm okay with having them in the photos. However, I must say, after seeing your photos I had a small moment of wishing I could get them off :)

Congrats again and good luck with the baby making :)

MrsDantel

#11 Post by MrsDantel »

fitchick,
Ya know I could never have imagined straight teeth eitherl.. and Funny enough I dont notice when I brush I dont even bother to look look, just make sure no food is in there... I only notice in pictures how much better they look LOL
Thank you for your well wishes! and I hope to be bringing you all some great news also :oops:

eaglesoaring,

Ther wedding was perfect! No issues nothing bad happened or anything! It was like a fairytale, what I always dreamed of as you said! 100% perfect!
As for children.. all my life I have known I was meant to be a mom. Im turning 28 soon yep 28 and its time.. I soooo excited!
Thank You so Much for your warm wishes!
27 and Braced!!

MrsDantel

#12 Post by MrsDantel »

Indy
You still can if you wanted to... Mine were off for a little over a week! and my teeth didnt shift...

how long are you to be in hawaii? Im going in Nov... not sure where though!

COngrats on your upcoming wedding! are you stressed yet? I was.. 2 weeks before I was sooooo stressed that I ended up gaining weight before the wedding!! Thank GOD for the corset LOL ! and I continue to gain thanks to my husband demanding I drink juice and milk and eat this and that... and im not pregnant yet.. LOL he even asked me last week if I was... all I could say through laughs was.. not that im aware of LOL Im even on prenatal pills!

I was also so stressed that I forgot to send the invites! they went out maybe 2 - 3 weeks before the wedding! Hopefully you will keep yo0ur sanity LOL
Thanks for the luck!
27 and Braced!!

SmileyGirl

#13 Post by SmileyGirl »

Wow! Your smile looks great!

Looking at your "Before" reminds me so much of my own smile... My #7 was tucked behind #8 just like yours, and that lower canine overlapped in exactly the same way, both canines, in fact, just like yours. Midline off, too. Unfortunately my #6 (canine) was impacted and I had it extracted at 17 along with my wisdom teeth. Now I am having to substitute my #5 for #6 and will have to have some cosmetic work done there.

I mentioned all that because I see your "Before" smile and it's easier to imagine that my teeth will look that great someday!

You looked great. Congratulations!
Top brackets: 24 March 2006
Extractions: 21 April 2006
Expander: 28 April 2006

MrsDantel

#14 Post by MrsDantel »

SmileyGirl,
Thanks so much...Im sure your teeth will look great.. I didnt have much hope for my teeth and they are almost there... I still have a gap on my left side from and extraction.
How long have you been in braces?
27 and Braced!!

SmileyGirl

#15 Post by SmileyGirl »

MrsDantel ~

I have lots of hope!

I've had top brackets for about 2 1/2 months.

I really went in just for my midline. I HATED it! I was not even worried about the bottoms at all, even though they were obviously jacked up (as I like to say--lol). But, of course, I soon learned that you can't just move SOME teeth, so here I am...

My estimated treatment time is 28 months. Seems like a long time, but I figure after 28 months, I can either be smilin' pretty or not! Either way the time is going to go by...
Top brackets: 24 March 2006
Extractions: 21 April 2006
Expander: 28 April 2006