Teeth numbers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Septimus

Teeth numbers

#1 Post by Septimus »

Hi i've just been informed i have to have certain teeth taken out in a letter from my ortho

they are:

14, 24, 35, 45

i didnt know teeth had numbers

if anyone knows which ones these are please let me know

thanks

rsprouse

Re: Teeth numbers

#2 Post by rsprouse »

1 = Upper Right
2 = Upper Left
3 = Lower Left
4 = Lower Right

1 is the central incisor in each quadrant and you work your way back to the 3rd molar/wisdom tooth as 8 increasing by 1 with each tooth.

So 14 is Upper right 1st premolar (4th tooth from the midline).

In short, he wants to take out the 1st premolar in your upper arch and your 2nd premolars in your mandible.

Best,
Rory

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

rsprouse

#4 Post by rsprouse »

Chris,

That is the universal method which is used primarily in the US and by all GP's and specialties except for orthodontists. Septimus asked about the international method in which most ortho's use.

Best,
Rory

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

phew!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Septimus

#6 Post by Septimus »

yeah hahaha i liked the first one better!

thanks for that people you're all champions.