What happens after ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Luis818

What happens after ?

#1 Post by Luis818 »

My question to anyone that may be able to answer is what happens after my braces come off will my teeth be file down in order for them to look completely even or this something I have to pay a dentist to do and has nothing to do with my orthodontics

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

I don't know about you, but at the end of treatment my ortho whitens the teeth and does any necessary shaping to even out the edges of the teeth.

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

When I queried the shape of my teeth, my ortho said, that the anterior bite plane on the top would level out my lower ones that stand higher than the other lowers, and what wasn't sorted in that way he'd file/shape. My top front 2 teeth are veneers and they are bigger than my other teeth. He spotted this straight away and said that's no problem we'll just re-shape those. I assume its part of 'finishing off the job', but I will ask next time I go.

I don't think he includes whitening but I'm opting for it anyway. Once finished these teeth are going to get noticed!!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

josephine

#4 Post by josephine »

I have had this problem too but have been amazed, as treatment has progressed, that things are looking a lot better. At different stages the ortho has used bends in the archwire to fix it.