Gelato

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braces4me

Gelato

#1 Post by braces4me »

Ok, so I had some strawberry gelato this past weekend and within about 30 minutes of eating it my clear ligs were bright yellow. You would have thought I ate a bottle of mustard. I have googled the ingredents but can't figure out what caused this. Has anyone else had this problem? I have eaten strawberries many other times and have not had them turn yellow like this. I have managed to reduce some of the coloring but the yellow is still there.

Thoughts?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Yikes! Yellow ligs from strawberry gelato!

I can only imagine that the constituent ingredients include more than just strawberry flavouring and that one of them is causing the discolouration. Can you ask the vendor what they put in it?

Lee54

#3 Post by Lee54 »

Yuummmm, Gelato! Maybe they added some sort of food coloring dyes to intensify the color? Ditto to just ask for the ingredient list.

nicholeuf

#4 Post by nicholeuf »

Ooooh...gelato! I haven't gotten stains from gelato so far. That is strange that strawberry would turn ligs yellow.