sea salt rinse with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jmrut22

sea salt rinse with braces

#1 Post by jmrut22 »

Just got my braces 2 days ago and the insides of my mouth and lips are raw. Can I rinse with sea salt instead of regular salt?

Reason I ask is I have an ear cartilage piercing and have tons of sea salt that needs to be used.

The braces dont really hurt that bad since I cant bite together anyway. I have been eating soft foods and just kind of "smooshing" the food (pasta) in my mouth. I have an open bite and with the braces on I really have an open bite.

Thanks.

HONEYGIRL

#2 Post by HONEYGIRL »

Kiwi, You give great advice. :banana:
Good Luck to ya, jmrut22!

jmrut22

#3 Post by jmrut22 »

Thanks, kiwi
I am off to rinse right now :D