tips for springs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracefacesteve

tips for springs

#1 Post by bracefacesteve »

anyone have any tips for springs? im getting a posted archwire that will have springs and im wondering about it plz respond

OneTime

#2 Post by OneTime »

Pain killers if you start feeling sore.
I have one spring pushing my incisor out to make room for another incisor to come in and its really working.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

Good question, soon as my bottom is wired up I'll be having a spring going from my right lateral insicer to premolar to make room for my rotated canine.. sounds fun huh?

missing_tooth

#4 Post by missing_tooth »

recommendations? None, just deal with it. No really. It never hurt me, not even a little bit. I have one to make room for an impacted cainin. In my case it worked in just a couple weeks.

- Missing tooth -

stargirl

#5 Post by stargirl »

I had a few springs... and the worst part was the sharp ends where they had been cut off. The ends cut up my mouth for a while, but all you can really do is put some wax on there and wait it out until your mouth toughens up. Other than that, there's not much else to know about springs - I did not find them any more painful than the braces themselves.

Good luck!

bracefacesteve

#6 Post by bracefacesteve »

thanks. well i will get them tuesday so i guess ill find out

ccmama

i have 2 springs

#7 Post by ccmama »

The wire can sometimes stick out, but I've found if I twist the spring just a smidge it will not poke into my cheek anymore.

hope that helps. I think the springs do move teeth pretty fast. My once crowded lowers have a almost no contact now!

nvcarissa

#8 Post by nvcarissa »

I had a spring to make a space between my lower incisors. Every once in a while it would sort of pinch my inner lip, but other than that, it wasn't bad. Didn't hurt worse than anything else up until that point.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

sjsarre

#9 Post by sjsarre »

I've had springs for coming up to three weeks.. I was expecting the worst, but actually whilst i've had pain every now and again, the springs have been more comfortable than just having the archwire as they are in the front and stop my lip from being caught by the archwire.

I would advise painkillers if need be... Everyone is different, so you really will just have to gauge how you feel.

:D

Henna_the_braceface

#10 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

im getting springs at my next adjustment in about 6 days.

MarkupNorth

#11 Post by MarkupNorth »

I've got two springs and I quite like them. you can really see the teeth move. it only ever hurts for a few days.