Hello!I am new!Getting Damon braces in 9 days!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VS26

Hello!I am new!Getting Damon braces in 9 days!!!!

#1 Post by VS26 »

hi,everybody! i am a 26 year old and decided to get braces for the second time in my life (i had them when i was 13,but didnot finish my treatment).so here i am--ready to do it again !!! My main problem is just some mild crowding on top and bottom,so i am getting Damon braces .Estimated treatment time is around 12 months.
I like this website very much,i read it every day.Sorry for my mistakes in english,because it is a second language for me.Originally i am from russia,but i live in USA for 6 years already.Anybody russian out here???????
So i am excited,but at the same time scared,because i have been reading a lot of information about root resorption and it is scarying me.I am in good health,but really---does anybody knows what are the chances of this happening???
I will post some pictures when i will get braced.

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

HI VS26 and welcome. Since you are 26, in good health and really don't have to have major movement, I am guessing that you will have no problem with the roots of you teeth.

I have Dammon 3's and really like them. Good luck to you.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

jbjalways

#3 Post by jbjalways »

I'm getting banded for Damon's on 7/7 and they estimate 12 to 18 months. I'm almost 34 and it scares me to death, but people have been giving me good information on this site.

Leslie022

#4 Post by Leslie022 »

Congrats on making the decision to get braces! I have had Damon's for nearly 5 1/2 months. I love them! As long as you clean your teeth properly, you should be fine. That's one thing I like about the Damons...they're really easy to clean! Good luck on your Brace Day!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

VS26

Scared of the fact that teeth become loose when moving !!!!

#5 Post by VS26 »

HI,guys !thank you for your responses! i have another question(i think i am getting paranoid and my treatment have not started yet!!!!!) :lol: I learned from this site that teeth can become somewhat loose while u are in braces,because they are moving into their new position,and to say honestly,that freaks me out!!! Tell me please,have anybody experiened that and how long it usually lasts???thank you.

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

The "loose teeth" is more of a sensation, really. Your teeth aren't going to become so "loose" that they fall out. Your teeth have to be somewhat "loose" so they can shift. Basically the bone changes to mush (the loose feeling), your teeth shift, and the bone remodels itself. Read THIS and maybe it will help you better understand what will be going on inside your mouth! :)
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top