My Teeth Feel Squishy.......

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pirate Wench

My Teeth Feel Squishy.......

#1 Post by Pirate Wench »

:? I must have more movement than I though because my teeth feel squishy when I bite down. It is the strangest feeling. They make this suttle popping/crunching noise. I don't have any problem eating. They don't feel really loose or anything....just weird.

Is this normal?....I am assuming it is, but just making sure.

Is anyone else from the week of June 15th b-day getting this feeling yet?

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

Perfectly normal!! :D

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

braced4asmile

#3 Post by braced4asmile »

I'm feeling pretty squishy today too. I got mine on June 14th. It's a great sign to have squishy teeth! Move, teeth, move!!

fitchick

#4 Post by fitchick »

It feels weird doesn't it? My braces went on my lowers on 02 June and I've had the spongy feeling for a few weeks. I pull my lower front teeth back on my bite plane and then click them forward with my tongue! I have one tooth that feels like its about to fall out when I wake up in the morning, it isn't, but it might be moving more than the others I guess.

I'll second the, move teeth move!!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephy79

#5 Post by stephy79 »

I got my braces on the 15th, but I can't bite down all the way, so I don't know if my teeth are squishy or not...lol. I'm still waiting for my right front tooth to move out over my bottom teeth so I can get this bite turbo off and start chewing again!

Stephanie

braced4asmile

#6 Post by braced4asmile »

OMG, fitchick! That would be so weird to be able to move them with your tongue! Mine feel spongy, but don't feel like I can move them. Does it feel strange?

fitchick

#7 Post by fitchick »

They can't be moving that far, but they feel like they are pushed out of place. It must be the minutest movement, but its movement all the same! They are 13mm behind the top teeth, so any movement is a victory for me!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jared

Similar Things Happening

#8 Post by Jared »

My uppers were braced on June 15th. I have that popping sound when I push on some of my teeth, but I don't know that I can say I feel squishy. I've got a rotated front tooth on my uppers so things are going to take a little more time for me to move teeth around due to that crazy tooth. Nice to see so many compadres that joined us the same week. Best of luck to everyone.
35 years old, married, father of 5, braced on June 15, 2006

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"
-Def Leppard, Rock of Ages--Pyromania

Gennel

#9 Post by Gennel »

I got uppers braced June 14 . When you bite down and describe it as "crunchy" popping sound/feeling is exactly what I feel!!! At first I was thinking that the crunchy sound was some plaque that was becoming loose from the movement lol
I also have a front tooth that is overlapped and I know it will take longer for the front teeth to get straight. I've only been braced for 3 weeks and there is noticable movement in pictures that I took on the first day and on the second week :)

I wonder how many of us got braced in June!

Gennel

Henna_the_braceface

#10 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

My teeth are squishy too! But its mostly my back teeth.

sportsgrl97

#11 Post by sportsgrl97 »

it happened to me so i guess it is normal....it happened to my molars only though i think :)

claraleeza

#12 Post by claraleeza »

I was also a June 14th bracee! And though I don't yet have squishy teeth, my back ones are popping/creaking each time I bite down, and my front ones feel almost like I could move them if I pushed on them hard. I even felt them move today just from the pressure of applying lip balm! It's weird.