Bite turbos!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

Bite turbos!

#1 Post by Lisa65 »

Who else here has them? I am having them put on next Monday (I think) and just wondered how they feel?
Does it feel really weird not being able to close your teeth completely?

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Lisa,

I can't help with info on the bite turbos, I think D must have forgotten to give me some of those!

I notice from your Ticker that you are having a TPA. That feels strange at first. I found that my speech sounded funny for about 2 weeks. Pronouncing my 'S' was difficult, but I'm used to it now.

Good Luck for Monday.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nix

I didn't know they were called that!

#3 Post by nix »

I think this must be what I have! I posted above about blocks on my teeth - didn't realise these are called 'bite turbos'.

They caused me a bit of discomfort for the first couple of days (much like the braces) but you do get used to them. The first night I had them I wanted to rip them out and they tasted of paper yuk! But you do adjust...my question above was how on earth do they get them OFF your teeth? My o/dontist just put them on w/out explaining :(

stephy79

#4 Post by stephy79 »

Lisa65, I have a bite turbo on the back of one of my bottom teeth. It is very weird not being able to close my teeth all the way. I can't chew, so I have been eating very soft foods for the last 2 weeks. My bite turbo is metal. I don't know if they all are made of metal, but mine gets in my way when I eat and gives me a lisp when I talk. I am so ready to get rid of it. I have gotten somewhat used to it being there though. The first 4 or 5 days it was so annoying, but now it is not quite as bad. Will you have more than one? Do you know how long you will have to have them? Hopefully it won't be too long. =)

Stephanie

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

Steph I think mine are going to go on the back of my front top teeth so that I don't bite off my bottom brackets (I have a deep overbite) I don't know how many I will have or how long they will be on for - not too long hopefully! Do you know how long yours will be on for?

Nix I think what you have got are not turbos although I may be wrong. As far as I know bite turbos are like little metal "shelves" on front teeth that your opposite teeth rest on so that you can't close your jaws completely. I am not sure how they are removed!

Julie - thanks, I will let you know how it went! How come you've got away without having any??? I must admit I'm not looking forward to the TPA being put in :(