My First Adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

IntentionallyBlank

My First Adjustment

#1 Post by IntentionallyBlank »

hello!!

Just back from my first adjustment. I've had ceramics on top for just a month now and the experience so far has been ok.

I went into the ortho and she 'twanged' my wire :oops: , and said that there was still some 'activation' left in it so she wasnt going to change it. But what she did do is change my clear ligs to steel twisty ones. This makes them slightly more visible, but not by much. She said that this was in order to align the twisted front teeth and that she expects them to be aligned by my next appointment on 9 Aug. Then she'll go back to clear ligs and a heavier wire.

I made that appointment a month ago, she is flat out with patients at the minute. So I'm having to make appointments two-ahead. The next available one after Aug is 17th Oct!! :shock: flip!

i'll try and get some pics of my new twisty ligs tonight.

IB
"There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact... it's all dark."

Joanna20

#2 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! I have my first adjustment tomorrow too and I’m a bit nervous.
My ortho also has a lot of patients, she postponed my adjust for today (it was supposed to be last Wednesday), and I always have to commit to whatever schedules they have left… There are so many people there, and it’s the tiniest place ever.
I hope you get us those pictures, good luck for next month.
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I've had to book appointments right as far ahead as October! Because I work part time I can only go in the afternoons so that limits me a bit.
Looking forward to seeing the twisty ligs, make sure you enjoy the lig free period and eat lots of nice stain-y food!