Evelyn is officially BRACE FREE!!!! *PICS*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

Evelyn is officially BRACE FREE!!!! *PICS*

#1 Post by Evelyn »

EVIE IS OFFICIALLY BRACE FREE! 46 months after being braced in 2002, I am officially naked. I can't believe it, although I'm getting used to it very quickly. My braces are a complete thing of the past as of 11 o'clock this morning. It feels absolutely flipping amazing. My first thought was that my teeth felt so soft! There was no hard sharp braces attacking my gums, just smooth straight beautiful teeth. They are so...soft is the only word I can think of to describe it-but it really is truly amazing.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience, I am 110% happy with how my teeth turned out-there are no white spots or marks, and they are all perfectly aligned. When I walked in the door my sister dropped what she was doing and just stared at me, I thought my teeth had fallen out or something, but she just looked and said 'holy BLEEP, your teeth look amazing.' I couldn't have asked for a better response, since normally she doesn't like talking about teeth at all, so that was really nice to hear.

Here are my teeth without them: The flash created some white glare spots on them but in reality there are no marks and I'm really happy about that!

Here they are with the retainer, same thing with the flash in this pic:

Here's a picture of my retainer-I actually like wearing it, it's quite comfortable and I love the design. It's a clear pink with a winny the pooh sticker on it. I actually don't mind wearing it, and I can talk just fine with it in-hopefully I'll still feel that way in a couple months!

I got to keep my braces, which is really nice. There's some sort of wierd sentimental attachment to them and I like still being able to have them. Here they are all cleaned and in a retainer case:

I can't stop looking in the mirror, I love my smile and my teeth so much!
For all those who are still in braces, especially those who are in for the long haul, remember that it will end, and when it does, it will be so worth every obstacle you had to overcome to get there. Straight, healthy teeth are worth a million dollars in the end because you know that they will be with you for life, and I guarantee that when you get them off it will all be worth it!

Thanks so much for all the support you all gave me throughout my treatment, there were ups and there were many downs but you all helped me to keep a positive attitude throughout it and I really, really appreciate it.

Much love, Evelyn
Last edited by Evelyn on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Henna_the_braceface

#2 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Wow congratz!! Your teeth look great!! :D

nvcarissa

#3 Post by nvcarissa »

Beautiful! That's all I can say. Makes the wait worthwhile, doesn't it!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

carzfrm60s

#4 Post by carzfrm60s »

Congratulations Evelyn your teeth look great.Bet your glad it's over.I am just getting started (4 weeks) but can't wait for end result.

invisagirl

#5 Post by invisagirl »

Awesome!!!!! Your teeth look absolutely fabulous!!! :-)o

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

erica

#6 Post by erica »

Let me add another "wow!" to the comments! It's funny, I logged in today specifically because I remembered that your braces were coming off today...you've been such a great resource as I struggled with the decision to get braces, and I was hoping you'd post pictures. :) Thanks for sharing your story along the way, and I look forward to hearing how life in retainers treats you. Congrats!
Braced 10/13/04
Debanded on 07/11/06!!! :)
Currently in upper and lower Essix retainers 24/7.

momof2grlz

#7 Post by momof2grlz »

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Congratulations, Eve! You should be so proud. I'm sooo jealous right now!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Leslie022

#8 Post by Leslie022 »

Your teeth look great! Congrats!!!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

They look so nice! It's an encouragement for the rest of us :D

Evelyn

#10 Post by Evelyn »

Thank you so much everyone! It feels great, I can't stop smiling at everyone I meet. It's amazing what straight, braceless teeth can do for your confidence...

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

ssfw

#11 Post by ssfw »

Hi Evie,

Congratulations on getting your braces off :banana: :-)o . I am so happy for you. Just reading your post was touching. I have read your posts in the past and know that you went through some difficult times while wearing braces but I knew you would get through it. I can't recall, are you 17 years old and still in high school? I just thought you were so mature for your age when reading your posts. You along with many others have been an inspiration to me. I have only had my braces for about 7 weeks and have had my upper expander for about 5 months so I still have about 1-1/2 years left but as you know, this date may be extended. I bet you had a great orthodontist that helped you get through all of this. I know if it wasn't for the very kind people at my ortho's office, I would not have adjusted as well to ortho treatment and may not have proceeded with it but so glad that I did.

Your teeth look GREAT!!!!!! Keep in mind, even if you get tired of wearing your retainer, keep wearing it anyway. You have worked too hard to get to this point. I'm sure Winnie-the-Pooh in your retainer will be a great inspiration to keep wearing it. I don't think my ortho's office has things like that, I do know my ortho's office gives people an option to have glitter in the retainer - maybe by the time I'm done, fun things other than glitter will be available for my retainer.

Congartulations again and I don't blame you for wanting to smile for the world.

Keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

CLAmom

#12 Post by CLAmom »

I am so happy for you and your teeth look absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations on coming to the end of your long journey. You have such wonderful results and are so inspiring! Congratulations. :-** :jump: :thumbsup: :dance: :banana: :-V :-)o

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

babymetalmouth

#13 Post by babymetalmouth »

OMG, now you got preety teeth to go with your preety face!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
CONGRATS!!!

Those teeth are something that when your having a bad day, you can just go to a mirror and SMILE :lol: everything will go away!!!

:lol:
Sorry for typos, I BLAME MSN!

samantha_lou

#14 Post by samantha_lou »

Evelyn, all I can say is WOW!! :D

Your smile and teeth are just gorgeously perfect! Congratulations on getting through with your braces, your smile is a definite inspiration to the rest of us just getting started!

fitchick

#15 Post by fitchick »

Congratulations Evelyn on making it to the end. A long time coming, but so so worth it.

Your teeth and smile are stunning. Enjoy it, you deserve it!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!