clear braces question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jetxness

clear braces question

#1 Post by jetxness »

no braces yet. i'm supposed to be getting them next wednesday.

at my consult, my orthodontist was really pushing me to go with inspire ice sapphire braces.

question: i have heard that ice inspire braces are self-ligatured...is this the case? so this would mean no fun ligature colours? personally i had been thinking that that would be the best part of having braces (other than the final result)...i think i feel really cheated by this news if that is truly the case. :cry:

[he (well, it seems like to me) is overly concerned about how i will feel horrible about wearing braces for appearance reasons...i think it may have something to do with me being 22 and he doesn't want me to feel like a child etc ...personally i was fully prepared for hearing about some metal reality.]

Granola

#2 Post by Granola »

jetxness, I have Inspire ICE brackets on my upper front eight teeth, and unless something has changed since I had them put on in February of this year, the brackets are not self ligating.

They are great--the bracket are completely transparent and let light through, and look fantastic on my teeth (at least, I think so). The brackets are not much bigger than my SS brackets, and exceedingly smooth and comfortable. You can most definitely have colored ligs.

Let us know what you decide!
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

braces4me

#3 Post by braces4me »

I got Inspire ICE brackets in April and they are not self ligatured. You can still get colored ligs. I personally love mine.

Caroline

#4 Post by Caroline »

Ditto to that!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!