Got Braced Today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jam82

Got Braced Today

#1 Post by jam82 »

This is my second time with braces. The first time I was 12, now I'm 24. My bottom jaw grew more than my upper jaw, so I developed an underbite (I think), and some teeth shifted a little. This got much worse after I had my wisdom teeth removed.

I just wanted to check in with the board, for what I have read people are great here and there's lots of info. I'm happy for being able to fix my teeth once again and I think it doesn't look too bad. I went for all metal since I smoke a lot and I was told they were faster.

Sheree

#2 Post by Sheree »

Welcome!

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

Welcome back to being braced. :o

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Metal smile

#4 Post by Metal smile »

welcome!

Attagirl2

#5 Post by Attagirl2 »

Welcome, jam82. Hope all goes smoothly for you.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

pk_girl

#6 Post by pk_girl »

This will be worth it in the end, I am being a hypocrite as I type, as I am currently really sick of them as well, but it WILL be worth it.