Got elastics today, anyone know what this config does?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drazda

Got elastics today, anyone know what this config does?

#1 Post by drazda »

I asked my ortho the day I got my braces if I would have to wear elastics, he said only at the end of the treatment, but here I am only 8 months in with elastics :(

Does anyone know what these trianges will do?

Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

fins

#2 Post by fins »

I have this config and it is to close the bite in my case. I believe I am closer to the end myself so....maybe you are closer to the end also. Your teeth look very nice. I have no idea how long I will be in these though, could be 2-4 months I imagine. I think there will be another elastic configuration in my future though since these have changed the bite but something else feels like it is "off" now. Do you have anything else going on with your archwire?

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

Thanks for your response fins. I don't really have anything going on with my archwire, I did have a spring and had that removed about a month ago. These elastics are really painful right now.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Henna_the_braceface

#4 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I just got some elastics on this Tuesday along with springs. The elastics were killing me too. But a painkiller never fails to kill pain lol.

jaswi

#5 Post by jaswi »

I'll be having that config of elastics eventually, it will be to pull my canines down.

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

I have a triangle configuration, too, but mine goes back to the hook on my molar band. I'm assuming it is to correct my slight overbite. Who knows? My ortho said I was almost done...I'm not even at my 6 month mark!!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

stargirl

#7 Post by stargirl »

Hey, I have a very similar configuration, and I think what fins said is right - they're used to close your bite.

Your teeth look very nice, drazda! :D