First experience with a waterjet

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mindwaves

First experience with a waterjet

#1 Post by mindwaves »

So I found an Interplax dental waterjet at Target today for $19.99. It only has one mode so I used that and by the time, I finished with it, it looked like WWIII in my bathroom. There was water everywhere, on the mirrors, floors, and counter. Is there a technique that I should do to minimize this disorder. I took off my glasses to use the waterjet so I had to go pretty close to the mirror to see my gums and teeth. Thanks.

Way Too Old For This

#2 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I don't know about that model but I have the WaterPik. I bend over the sink, put the nozzel in my mouth close my lips around it, but not tight. THEN turn it on. Keep your lips closed enough to let the water out. You have to go by 'feel'....I don't think there is a way to do it while looking in the mirror unless you want a room full of water.

Remember to use lukewarm to warm water. Cold water will make your gums ache.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

mindwaves

#3 Post by mindwaves »

Thanks for the replies. I tried it as suggested and I minimized the water spraying around. Can't wait for my flosser thing to come this Wed (ordered online) to try that. 10,000 vibrations a minute?!

Smiley77

#4 Post by Smiley77 »

what is this flosser thing that you speak of? Do you have a link to it?

mindwaves

#5 Post by mindwaves »

I got this. It should be arriving by tomorrow. I'll post my experiences with it until then. Got it for free since I have pts on my amazon.com credit card. It also got pretty good reviews on amazon so I figured it was worth a shot.