Braces off for wedding day! (progress pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vanilla

Braces off for wedding day! (progress pics)

#1 Post by vanilla »

It's been a while since I've posted last. Just wanted to add my first progress pics since joining the forum. I had my top braces removed for my wedding (it's a bride's choice!) and I'm so glad I did. Though, having a week without braces pulled me back 8 weeks progress!

I've since had them put back on with 9 months to go out of my 24-month-sentence. I've got bonding on my left lateral incisor to look forward to :-#)
Ceramic + metal since 31/03/05

vanilla

#2 Post by vanilla »

whoops! make that the left lateral incisor in the photo (it was flipped!) :oops:

KJM

#3 Post by KJM »

Congrats Vanilla! :)
Your "off" photos look great! I bet you cant wait for them to be off for good!

Do you think it was worth it to have them removed ( and being set back 8 weeks?)
Did your ortho set you up with a retainer for that time? I've been married 18 years so its not an issue for me, but I know that there are many engaged people on here that would like to know if it is worth the cost/time or not. :)

Best wishes to you and your mate!
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

vanilla

#4 Post by vanilla »

Thanks, KJM Yes, I felt it was worth having the top braces off. Initially I wanted top & bottom off but after discussing with my ortho we compromised with just having the top braces removed. I remained retainer-less which is why they moved (so much) in the 7 days. Even though he threatened additional fees he didn't end up charging me. I had to make my ortho appointment before I went on my honeymoon (any longer than a week, I'm sure I would've had a retainer and that's no fun on an island honeymoon!).

I've read on the forum that other brides and grooms preferred to leave them on for their day. Hence, "bride's choice" :) And the end of the day it wasn't my teeth that made the the occasion sensationally fun :-)o

KJM

#5 Post by KJM »

I agree with Lucyloop... in the grand scheme of things a few weeks is worth a wonderful wedding day!! It is definitely your perogative, and I think it was a good choice. Plus your teeth looked great making for some lovely wedding photos. :D
~*~ Kim ~*~

Squeakers

#6 Post by Squeakers »

That's so cool that you could have them removed for your big day.

You have a nice smile, I bet you can't wait to finish up treatment. Congratulations on your wedding! :D

LoobyLou

#7 Post by LoobyLou »

Vanilla, many congratulations on your wedding! :-)o :-88 :banana: :D :dance: Here's to much happiness to you both!

Out of interest, were you engaged when you got braced and therefore was your wedding day already planned? Or did you plan your day post braces? Was there any part of you that wanted to wait for your treatment to be finished?
I think it's great you could take them off for a week - and your teeth still looked great!!

Love LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

congrats on your wedding, and your teeth looked great!

vanilla

#9 Post by vanilla »

KK:
Wedding teeth
Haha! I waged wars with my ortho for my wedding teeth!!

Hi LoobyLou! I knew that I'd probably get engaged within the 2 years of treatment. The only time I (briefly) thought about waiting until my treatment had finished was when my partner suggested we have an 8-month engagement but it never crossed my mind again once our wedding prep kicked in. I didn't want to let my braces have that much control to make me wait for what I really wanted.

Also, I'm in total agreement with Lucyloop & KJM. But get this: I just came back from the ortho and he put the thickest wires yet on both top and bottom because now my top teeth are back on track (as though I never had them removed) and my bottom teeth have caught up (since they'd always been one thickness behind & I left them on during the wedding) so I guess it all worked out! :jump:

And to celebrate I got my Beetlejuice colour combo going on my bottom brackets. YAY!

Wow, what a long reply! But I hope this helps anyone in a similar situation who's about to get married :D And thanks so much for all of your positive feedback :D :D :D

KJM

#10 Post by KJM »

Wow thats fabulous that they are back on track so quickly!! :)

Love the new colors ( dont forget to post them in the lig colors thread!)
~*~ Kim ~*~

fantasia

#11 Post by fantasia »

I'm getting married next month...luckily I only have to get my braces off 1 month early! (After 2 years of treatment) :) But I definately wanted them off!
Braces on: September 9, 2004
Treatment time: 2 years

vanilla

#12 Post by vanilla »

Hi fantasia, Congratulations! And I wish you heaps of happiness for your wedding day (and thereafter, too!) :-88 It's great that you have good timing with your treatment so you won't have to juggle ortho appointments with the rest of your wedding prep and you'll have the bonus of a beautiful smile. Have fun!!

babymetalmouth

#13 Post by babymetalmouth »

OoOoO your treatment hasnt even finished and your smile looks AMAZING!!! I bet your smile lit up the room :lol:
Sorry for typos, I BLAME MSN!