Help! Loose teeth AND staining!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kzillner

Help! Loose teeth AND staining!!!

#1 Post by kzillner »

Okay so I know this is probably normal but I'm needing some reassurance.....

I got upper ceramics on 06/15 and had to go back in on on the 28th to get fitted for a bite plate for grinding/clenching. While I was in the ortho had them tie my front 4 teeth again so I guess it was like a mini-adjustment. Somedays things feel fine and somedays different teeth or a little more sore than they were the day before but I have about 2 teeth that are feeling very loose - like I can move them like a child does a loose tooth albeit a smaller movement. It can still be seen with a close look. I remember reading somewhere that if your teeth still feel loose a few weeks after being braced you need to let your ortho know (which I will do tomorrow when I pick up my bite plate) but I want some advice/reassurance from those of you here in the trenches with me.

Also, around some of my brackets my teeth are beginning to look very yellow. I have bleached my teeth several times and I always get comments on how white my teeth are but recently that is so not the case. I make sure I brush all the teeth really well with a manual and a Sonicare brush and I've even used pure baking soda but I was hoping someone else might have some ideas.

Thanks!!!

Henna_the_braceface

#2 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Loose teeth is excellent news! It means your teeth are moving and the bone structure is breaking down which is why your teeth feel loose. Don't worry about it... it's a good sign! :D

Henna_the_braceface

#3 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Oh yeah I dont know anything about the yellowing of the teeth though... sorry..

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have had teeth (even molars) that were loose almost the whole time in between adjustments. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you have alot of pain that won't go away after 3 to 7 days. Having said that, it never hurts to call the ortho. I am sure they will be happy to tell you what is normal or not.

I am always really happy when all my sensivity is gone by the time I have my next adjustment. That way I know I won't be in pain during the adjustment. Sometimes my teeth all of a sudden seem to get sore for a few days weeks after an adjustment. I think the teeth are moving all the time. Wire ties tend to be a pretty agressive way to move teeth in my opinion. ( I have damons now but had one tooth that was wire tied for awhile).

Hope this helps.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!