6 month adjustment & progress pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luxekitty

6 month adjustment & progress pics

#1 Post by luxekitty »

Yesterday I went for my 6mo adjustment and I must say I'm very pleased with my progress so far. My ortho barely started "kicked things into high gear" last month because they were letting my extraction gaps heal fully.

This months adjustment was the most painful so far though. :( They put wire-ties AND powerchains in various areas but the wire ties were the worst, it hurt SO much. Oddly enough though my teeth don't hurt as much today as they did last month..hrm.

Also I was concerned because starting last month he began to pull the 2 top teeth that are in front of those other teeth to the side. (I don't know the technical teeth names, sorry :( ) My 2 front teeth had actually be gan to gap and buck-out a bit (the only problem I didn't have!) But the wire-tie close it RIGHT up.

I'm hoping maybe by January the teeth will be pulled to the side and they'll begin to pull forward the back teeth.

As for my botom teeth they're making awesome progress, I have a feeling they'll be looking pretty darn straight in 2 - 3 months. :) On the bottom there was 1 tooth that was completely tilted and now its straight and almost entirely within the extraction gap! Amazing stuff!!! :)

Overall my braces experience has been amazing. I'm taking pictures with my teeth showing for the first time in my LIFE. My confidence has already taken a huge leap and there's been NO problem dating at all. If anything they attract guys...though you gotta watch out for that. =p I can't believe in a year and a half I'll have straight teeth, very surreal!

Day before being braced Dec 20th:

July 11th:

Dec 20th:

July 11th:

Dec 20th:

July 11th:

Dec 20th:

July 11th:

First day in braces, just showing the movement of the slanted tooth:

July 11th:
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henna_the_braceface

#2 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Wow! your teeth have made excellent progress!

jenfire

#3 Post by jenfire »

That's great movement, luxekitty! Do those springs hurt?
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

Raspberry

#4 Post by Raspberry »

Wow! looking great! I love your bright blue ligs.

OneTime

#5 Post by OneTime »

Looks great, your teeth are progessing.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

I agree with the others. You've made some good progress and your blue ligs are awesome! Such a vibrant color...love it :)

Best of wishes for the remaining time in braces.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

dena

#7 Post by dena »

that's awesome! I bet you feel great!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! nice to see everything is getting into alignment!
Good luck,

Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February