Bends in Wire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chris

Bends in Wire

#1 Post by Chris »

Does anyone else have this experience?

They put a bend in the wire to bring a tooth forward, then it messes some other tooth up like the adjacent one?

And I wonder if the tooth keeps moving until your next appointment as I don't think the wire is suppose to straighten out like the usual twists and turns you get when first braced...all my brackets are lined up, but some of my teeth at the bottom are hitting the backs of the uppers to soon so he's moving a tooth forward, then the next. ONE step at a time! :roll:

P.S. Lost the bracket on my crown for the 4th time! Went back and he left it naked this time (guess that means it won't be long now)

I think I figured out how to get the braces off sooner ... keep making those extra in-between appointments after all is paid for...they'll get tired of you and get you outta there sooner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Chris

Re: Bends in Wire

#2 Post by Chris »

Apart from getting my teeth to do things quicker ... I'd just love to see him more often! :oops:
Does someone have a "crush" on their ortho? Hmmm? :P

Is he cute?

I wouldn't mind if mine looked like Sean Connery (lisp and all) :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Nikkiekoala

#3 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Ya I have a bend in my wire (I am at the thickest possible wire) to pull a tooth forward and in the process it has opened a gap between the tooth that was moved forward and the tooth next to it :( I go in next week for an adjustment hopefully my ortho will fix it then. The gap is driving me nuts.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

CLAmom

#4 Post by CLAmom »

Yup, I have a couple of these bends from my last adjustment a month or so ago and the tooth is definitely still moving. Trouble is it seems like the wrong tooth to me. Last time in I asked the ortho when the top left central would come down & forward to line up with the top right central. It's so noticably different when they are side by side like that. So he put the bends in the wire and I swear it's worse now. I go in again on the 24th so we'll see what's going on--it's just so frustrating. When I run my tongue along the backs of these two teeth the edge of the left one is so prominent. I just want to push it forward with my tongue!! :evil:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

fins

#5 Post by fins »

I can't tell a thing is going on with the bends in my archwire. I HOPE the archwire isn't supposed to straighten out cause I have huge bends in the wire. The only thing I noticed is a gap I just closed opened up with a new gap as well.
fins

Tiffchelle

#6 Post by Tiffchelle »

Hi, I also have bends in both archwires. I think my ortho is still in the levelling phase. And a gap did open up in my top arch, but he assured me that at my next adjustment he would work on closing it - he just had some other things to work on. I also don't hope the archwire is supposed to straighten out - I've got deep bends in the wires.