Hi. Newb here!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ixwatchxhamtaro

Hi. Newb here!

#1 Post by ixwatchxhamtaro »

Soooo, Hi.
I'm Kenneth and i'm only 16. I just got my spacers in on July 12, 2006,
& i'll continue the journey into getting braces on the 19th of july (next wednesday). Just wanted to introduce myself because i know i will become a regular to this site. It is so helpful. I can finally share my "stories" with other users now :D

mindwaves

#2 Post by mindwaves »

Welcome! It is a great forum to be in.

ixwatchxhamtaro

#3 Post by ixwatchxhamtaro »

thanks a lot for the advice
lots of my friends have/had braces and they all agree on the lip balm idea

i just wish my teeth didn't ache so bad from these spacers
i'm taking a mild pain reliever for it
but it doesn't seem to help
i just keep telling myself it's only until next week so i can deal with the pain for now

OneTime

#4 Post by OneTime »

Welcome!

It does get better down the road.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

Welcome Kenneth

I've had spacers in for 2 weeks and I think the first 3 or 4 days were the worst. I hardly notice them now. Take ibuprofen (Advil in the US) if they bug you too much as that seems to be about the best painkiller for dental pain.

Good luck next Wednesday!

Lisa