getting bands =/

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cinnabunny91

getting bands =/

#1 Post by cinnabunny91 »

yeah soo um... ive had braces (damon system) since late november and like.. at the end of august i heard the ortho say something about putting bands in late august... i've heard they are the WORST part of braces and hurt really bad... do they hurt all the time? do you get used to them? can you take them out? Give me any advice you can because i've been worrying about it.. it stinks because im getting them before school starts.. (i start like sept 7 or something) as a solphmore and i want to be able to talk without pain! I have an overbite and thats probably why im getting them.. so umm please help...
Damon 3 Braces
Got them on Nov 30th...

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Uh, You might try a larger font? Can't read this even with my glasses on.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

cinnabunny91

hm

#3 Post by cinnabunny91 »

yeah soo um... ive had braces (damon system) since late november and like.. at the end of august i heard the ortho say something about putting bands in late august... i've heard they are the WORST part of braces and hurt really bad... do they hurt all the time? do you get used to them? can you take them out? Give me any advice you can because i've been worrying about it.. it stinks because im getting them before school starts.. (i start like sept 7 or something) as a solphmore and i want to be able to talk without pain! I have an overbite and thats probably why im getting them.. so umm please help...

lol is this good?
Damon 3 Braces
Got them on Nov 30th...

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

does he mean molar bands, or elastics?
you can remove elastics but that defeats the object of getting them.

cinnabunny91

eh

#5 Post by cinnabunny91 »

eh im not even sure... i asked him.. do i have to wear them at ALL times ? hes like YES ... i just know that there those bands that strech across your mouth on like each side.. LOL that doesnt help much i know but im scared :( i think another time he told me you can take them out before you eat but like that was months back.. i really am not sure but its going to be hectic not being able to talk to anyone without pain
Damon 3 Braces
Got them on Nov 30th...

OneTime

#6 Post by OneTime »

Must be elastics.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

cinnabunny91

hm

#7 Post by cinnabunny91 »

yeah probably is then.. ehh im soo nervous. do elastics effect your speech? and does it hurt when you talk? with them in.. i remember in like june or something some girl who first got them and she pretty much wrote out what she wanted to say the whole day because they hurt so bad for her.. Do you eventually get used to them? :?
Damon 3 Braces
Got them on Nov 30th...

KJM

#8 Post by KJM »

Yes, you get used to them. For the first week (more like 3-4 days) your teeth will be really sore but once you get used to them they dont hurt at all.
And no they dont affect my speech at all.
Good Luck with them, I am sure you'll be fine. :)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Henna_the_braceface

#9 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I have elastics now. The will hurt for a while but after they will be ok. Im so confident with my elastics I even eat with them!