pics after my first adjusment!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rockexrolloh

pics after my first adjusment!

#1 Post by rockexrolloh »

Hey guys. It's been awhile since I've posted. I went in for my first adjustment yesterday. They didn't do anything but change my wire ties and ligs. They said they're going to wait to change my wire until next adjustment; not sure why. Anyway I wanted to share before and after pics. I've only been braced since June 1st.

Before braces:

A month and 18 days later:

The gap between my front teeth is closing really fast but now I have a huge gap on the left side of my front teeth. Ugh!!

Just thought I'd share.

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hi Rockexrolloh,

Wow! That is amazing progress in just over a month. That gap between your 2 front teeth has really closed up well. So, that means that although you aren't thrilled at the gap on the left side, it will inevitably close up as quick. I got brace the day after you, and I was hoping that my gaps would close. As yet they haven't, but my higgeldy piggeldy shape has changed into a definite arch.

Thanks for posting the photos, the pics are so inspiring, I am amazed everytime I see them. Good Luck for more speedy movement.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

the gap are closing, great job!

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

eaglesoaring

#4 Post by eaglesoaring »

Hey!! Wow...what great movement!! Lookin' good!! Try not to get too frustrated, as many things will move around. Already, I've been through, "My teeth look worse than they did in the beginning" to "Wow, they look great" and back again! My 'ever-shifting mouth' is how I refer to my mouth these days!

Again, there is noticeable movement!! Keep us all posted! I love to see pics!
eagle :D

ladygal

You've given me hope!

#5 Post by ladygal »

Hey congrats on the fast movement. It's so encouraging to see that your main gap is closing so quickly. I have a 1/4 inch gap. I've only had braces 3 weeks, all of my other teeth are moving but I'm not seeing much closure yet. I really wish I had taken a pic before the braces went on. Yours really looks good, I really can't see much of a gap on the side.

Is your ortho going to place a wire behind your front teeth once the gap closes to keep it closed? Mine already told me he would....just curious!

Again congrats on the fast closure!

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

That gap is closing up fast! Of course, if one gap closes more are going to open but those close fast too! No worries!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

Great progress :)

Like everyone else has mentioned, that front gap is doing an amazing job!!! Closing so fast...you must be so happy :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

Nice! :D
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

starbaby71

#9 Post by starbaby71 »

your teeth look awesome! that's definately some great progress in one month. I hope mine goes as well!! I've only had mine on for a week now.

BraceUrself

#10 Post by BraceUrself »

you should be REALLY proud & don't worry-all the gaps will close in time ok! It's a work in progress! Congrats! I'm excited for you!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

Nice stuff, rockexrolloh. Like the others say, don't worry about the gaps. I'm not worrying about mine and they're a lot bigger than yours - :shock:

chillin-in-grilz

Awesome

#12 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

awesome. Braces can do amazing things
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

kaydee

#13 Post by kaydee »

I just wanted to ask what type those clear brackets are that u have on the top, i have noticed some are quite large and those ones are quite small, what is the difference?? I would prefer the smaller ones and want to be able to ask the ortho if they do that type, thanks... :D