Has anyone NOT had powerchains during treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Echo

Has anyone NOT had powerchains during treatment?

#1 Post by Echo »

I had a powerchain once, at the very beginning of my treatment. I'm thinking maybe the assistant didn't know what she was doing or something, because shortly after, she was gone, and I have not had a powerchain since! My son always had powerchains.
[/url]

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

I haven't had one. Yet! I'm always wondering what sort of surprise my ortho has for me when I go for my appointments. She doesn't like to share too much ahead of time!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Henna_the_braceface

#3 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I haven't got powerchains... ive got springs and elastics instead. So i don't think i'll be getting them.

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

No powerchains
No springs
No spacers
No expander
No extractions

Just braces!

drazda

#5 Post by drazda »

I haven't had any powerchains and I don't think I will... I don't have any gaps.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

BraceUrself

#6 Post by BraceUrself »

I got my 1st powerchain yesterday on my lowers-Its aqua
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

BraceUrself

#7 Post by BraceUrself »

Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

BraceUrself

#8 Post by BraceUrself »

Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Septimus

#9 Post by Septimus »

nvcarissa

#10 Post by nvcarissa »

I have one small gap that makes me suspect that I will have a powerchain, at least on the top. I can't really see what's going inside my mouth too well.
What I have had so far:
  • Spring
    Elastics

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Pirate Wench

#11 Post by Pirate Wench »

I don't think I will be getting any powerchains. I don't have any gaps on the top and my teeth are actually crowded on the bottom. I don't need to have any teeth pulled except bottom wisdom teeth so I don't foresee any gaps in the future either. As far as I know, I will have elastics and that is it.

ucldbmine

#12 Post by ucldbmine »

What is a powerchain? I see people posting about them but no clue what they are.. I have self litigating braces so don't know if they use them or not?? Is it a type of ligatures?

LP

#13 Post by LP »

I just got powerchains (4 seperate pieces - 3 links each) to close the gaps where I had extractions.

HOLY MAMA!!! They do NOT feel nice. I can't wait though until they do their job - then I can get my last bracket on the canine growing in behind my other teeth. Woohoo!!

And again.....OUCH!

Way Too Old For This

#14 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I had a major gap between my two front teeth, but it closed up with no powerchain. Now I have gaps on both sides of my formerly impacted canine, but the are closing up with no powerchain. I have developed a new gap on one incisor. My daughter who had NO gaps and is going to the same ortho is wearing powerchains. So they must serve purposes other than closing gaps. I keep thinking I will get one for my gaps but haven't yet. He has laced all my top front teeth together with wire though.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Betty Bat

#15 Post by Betty Bat »

I had a powerchain for one month. I'm missing two teeth (baby teeth with no regular teeth below, will be replaced by implants) and my front lower teeth started to spread out because of the available spaces. I wore a powerchain for a month, and now I have a combination of elastics (to correct my overjet) and springs (to hold the spaces open while I'm wearing the elastics!), so no more powerchain.