Teeth extraction

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

discharge

Teeth extraction

#1 Post by discharge »

__
Last edited by discharge on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

awww I hope it goes OK

LP

#3 Post by LP »

I just had some teeth pulled last week and it was really no big deal at all. One of them had an "S" shaped hook at the end of the root and the dentist thought I might need oral surgery, but he yanked and twisted an pulled and it came out. Even THAT was no big deal at all. The worst part by far is getting the needle.

Really...it was a piece of cake.

Good luck.

discharge

#4 Post by discharge »

__
Last edited by discharge on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

:dance: Just one more obsticle overcome before you get your braces. :dance:

Glad to hear that the antisipation was the worst part. Good luck with the healing process and soon you will be started on the braces adventure! :thumbsup:

Joanna20

#6 Post by Joanna20 »

good luck!

Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Good one, discharge. This was me 2 days ago and, like you say, the anticipation is far worse than the event itself.

JettaDriver

#8 Post by JettaDriver »

I just had two teeth extracted too! I had one on the top and bottom on my right side taken out this past Monday.

The way you described it was exactly how my visit went. I started getting nervous when I heard some wild noises and when the dentist said about my bottom one "oh this one's taking a lot more work." And I also was able to keep my teeth. They gave them to me in the cutest tooth shaped container. I was so amazed at the sight. One of them had a major filling, so not too sad to see that one go.

So, all this took place Monday and I have to tell you I was in a bit more pain today. Well more of a discomfort and then I had a headache and jawache this p.m. Ughh! It just feel so weird where me teeth are missing that my teeth just don't feel right when I naturally clamp down.

I hope I'm not too sore/tender for my next Tuesday spacer appt.

Well, I'm glad this part went well for you.

I'll be seeing you around as I just joined and am looking at 24 months with braces.

chillin-in-grilz

Not Bad

#9 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Teeth extraction is not bad. I thought I was going to be all brusied and stuff. and in pain. But it was a pice of cake. I had 6 removed! all under anastetic
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007