into the wilderness

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Izzy

into the wilderness

#1 Post by Izzy »

Next week I’m going on a day long kayaking trip with a group. I’ll have only been braced for two weeks, so this will be my first wilderness outing.

Has anyone had any experience with after lunch cleanup with no facilities? I plan to do a lot of swishing with water and bring a small mirror so I can be sure nothing is showing in my front braces!

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

Hi Izzy - your trip sounds like fun! I spend a lot of time away from "facilities" and haven't had much trouble. I carry my tooth brush, proxy brush, floss, etc in a small plastic bag and use it with the some of the water in my water bottle. My only hint is to use very little toothpaste. Also, if someone is carrying a compass, those usually have mirrors built in, so ask to borrow it. Otherwise a small mirror is a big help. Have fun!! :D
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Pirate Wench

#3 Post by Pirate Wench »

Have fun in the wilderness......I love to camp, but my hubby doesn't so we don't go very often.

I would definately make sure you have a travel toothbrush, trave sized tooth paste, a proxy brush, and wax if you have been using it! As for the mirror......you can even use the back of a metal spoon or a metal knife as a mirror if you don't have anything else! :thumbsup:

Enjoy!!!!

susieq182

#4 Post by susieq182 »

We camp every weekend. I havent had much trouble keeping things clean. but it sure feels good to get home and brush up good. Just a day trip should be a breeze make sure you have your travel tb and a mirror and you should be ready to face the world. lots of swishing and try to find a spot away from the group to brush up some people might not like watching you pick lunch leftovers out. Have fun dont worry about your braces and just enjoy the day. (one lunch of lax brushing wont hurt)
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

jetxness

#5 Post by jetxness »

:idea: a lot of the little boxes with dental wax have mirror on their inner lids...i don't think that would be too bulky or heavy. if you use wax this would serve a dual purpose (always good in camping situations).

Izzy

#6 Post by Izzy »

Thanks to all for the tips! I'm really looing forward to my day of kayaking. Now all I have to do is figure out what to bring for lunch since my options are still limited with my bite turbos :D. Maybe a cup of yogurt and nice soft cheese sandwitch.