RE: I'm scared to call my ortho about loose bracket - UPDATE

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jacobsgirl

RE: I'm scared to call my ortho about loose bracket - UPDATE

#1 Post by jacobsgirl »

So I managed to get up enough courage to call my ortho last night (Thanks to all of your helpful posts) and she told me to wait until my next appt. to have it fixed - my next appt is the 28th of July. Has anyone ever had to wait that long to have a bracket fixed?

(I'm starting to wonder if I should just start over with a new doc?)

PS. This site has been a complete sanity saver for me!

Xero

#2 Post by Xero »

Uhm..this is probably going to sound bad, but

When I went to a bad dentist (took out 4 permanent teeth that weren't supposed to be extracted!), she made me wait until the next appointment.

My new ortho fixes it immediately.

The thing is, without that bracket, there's going to be no progress between now and your next appointment.

Sheree

#3 Post by Sheree »

The 28th isn't too far off but it does seem like this should be an emergency appt. Did you tell the ortho when you broke the bracket? Seemed you perplexed over the situation for a while..seems like you should get in sooner.

Sheree

#4 Post by Sheree »

The 28th isn't too far off but it does seem like this should be an emergency appt. Did you tell the ortho when you broke the bracket? Seemed you perplexed over the situation for a while..seems like you should get in sooner.

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

My ortho would get me in right away. I have never had my ortho tell me to wait until the next appointment.

I hope the bracket is not bothering you. I had one break off once and was so surprised to find that it was no big deal. I thought something like that would drive me nuts. If my ortho had said to wait, I would not have cared. But they always seem to have time for me. I think the real issue is that if it is bothering you should be seen. If it isn't bugging you then don't sweat it. If it is bugging you alot and you didn't mention that when you called, then I could see why they asked you to wait.

Communication is always key.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Attagirl2

#6 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi. I broke of plenty of brackets on my molars - before they were banded. It was not unusual to wait a week to get it put back on, or a week to get spacers and then another 10 days for banding. I don't think a week and a half will hurt you much. Save your fights for really important stuff so that if you do have an immergency, they aren't going to feel you are crying wolf - or something like that.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers