Your Ortho

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PnkPrincess024

Your Ortho

#1 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

ive read many threads here about peoples orthos and i was wondering...am i the only one who has a great ortho???

1. he always answers my questions
2. always in a happy mood...even sings while he works
3. he does EVERYTHING in the treatment, the assistant just gets what he asks her to get but she never touches my teeth
4. he is ALWAYS on time...there were certain occasions that i come a little early and i acctually leave the time that my appointment starts bc he NEVER overbooks his appointments
5. since he never overbooks, he is always happy for me to come in for even the slightest thing that bugs me. And he always answers questions over the phone and if hes not available he calls as soon as he can within that same day

i love my ortho!!! hes the best!!! and his office is so happy looking with looney toons memorabilia everywhere even though im a Disney lover hahah...its also very bright in there...doesnt look like a normal office because its his own place he rents out in that area with a bunch of offices...not in a medical building or anything so theres plenty of sunshine...its just such a happy enviorment to be in...i acctually like going there LOL

eoberhauser

#2 Post by eoberhauser »

I'm so with you on this one. My ortho is fantastic. All the assistants there and people at the front desk know my name, and chat with me about what I'm doing. They are all very happy and informative. The assitants in particular are great. I've never had a bad experience there. My ortho is just wonderful, he is always happy to see me. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my teeth and I are cooporating great! I don't know, but it's a joy to go. (Can't wait for my next adjustment 8/4!) I think there is a tendency here to post when something goes wrong, or you're upset about something. That's really when you need support. So, maybe we should all feel free to post when things are going well. There are people who come to these boards to decide whether or not to get braces, after all. This has been, for me, the most exciting and rewarding event in my life.

Erin

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

Mine seems very nice too, and his assistants are friendly and helpful.

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I am with the "happy with my ortho" crowd" , for many of the same reasons. The ortho is always there during my appointments, he examines my teeth for a long time. Sometimes both orthos examine my teeth! He answers all my questions and gets me in quickly for emergencies. He even gets me in quickly for non-emergencies! I have never waited longer than 1-2 minutes for my appointment. The office staff is friendly and polite.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

missing_tooth

#5 Post by missing_tooth »

Couldn't be happier. Staff is always friendly and courteous. He seems to be always in a good mood. I've seen his work with recommendation from a friend and I would recommend him to anyone.

- Missing Tooth -

jaswi

#6 Post by jaswi »

Mines great too. Answers everything, friendly and talks quiet a bit, doesn't overbook(even got me in about 15 minutes early when I went to get my bands and wire!) He doesn't do all the work, which is okay as his assistant is a fully licenced dentist himself!.

KriegeR

#7 Post by KriegeR »

My orthodontist is fantastic. He's a little south-african chappy with a very dry sense of humour, (much like myself).

The one thing I DO like is that when he is re-fitting a wire, he always lets you know when he's going to be applying a lot of pressure to put the wire into the molar band brackets.

Toretto

#8 Post by Toretto »

My ortho is like PnkPrincess024's except his face is always expressionless, i only remember him smiling on one occassion.

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

My ortho is amazing too. He's incredibly sweet and helpful. He always answers my questions, is always on time, always in a good mood...He's just very positive and calm...I don't think I could have asked for a better doctor. He does everything as well...no one but him touches my teeth.

His receptionist is such a sweetie as well. I always get into conversations with her.

:)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Dramagyrl

Dr. King

#10 Post by Dramagyrl »

My ortho is the only reason I decided to go ahead and get the braces.
He's a former dentist who had to stop for some reason, so he went back to school to become an ortho.
His office is like a cafe- big and open, really bright. They even have a coffee machine. His secretary is a blast and his assistant is a doll.
He's got soft eyes, a warm expression and a fantastic approach to everything. He answers every question and offers even more information. When he put them on, he constantly asked if I was doing okay. I have jaw problems so he stopped mid-way through to give me a rest. He just sat and visited with me in the meantime.
When I'm done, he always reminds me to call for anything.
I needed to get in for something and they had me in that day.

*On a fun note, his name is Dr. King. He actually goes by his middle name, but I saw his credential certificates - his actual first name is Stephen.

Kriz

#11 Post by Kriz »

My Ortho is great too :D He always greets me and walks me to my chair and ask if I have any concerns, then he lets his assistant take all the ligs and wires off, looks at my teeth then tells me what they are going to do next, then the assistant does what he tells her to do, then he comes back and looks one more time! I couldnt be any more pleased with my ortho and his staff :D

Kriz

carzfrm60s

#12 Post by carzfrm60s »

My ortho is also great.Both my boys have used him and this being my third time around,either I'm crazy or he is a good guy.He is always pleasant and joking around.He kinda reminds me of Steve Martin.Everybody I know that has/is using him likes him.He also uses all kinds of incentives to keep you motivated.Once a year he throws a big picnic for all his patients.

carzfrm60s

#13 Post by carzfrm60s »

My ortho is also great.Both my boys have used him and this being my third time around,either I'm crazy or he is a good guy.He is always pleasant and joking around.He kinda reminds me of Steve Martin.Everybody I know that has/is using him likes him.He also uses all kinds of incentives to keep you motivated.Once a year he throws a big picnic for all his patients.

carzfrm60s

#14 Post by carzfrm60s »

carzfrm60s

#15 Post by carzfrm60s »