Loose Tooth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Paws917

Loose Tooth

#1 Post by Paws917 »

One of my molars is loose this morning. I'm so excited! I worried that because of my age (46), they would need blasting caps to loosen my teeth! I got braced one week ago, so this is a good sign I take it. At any rate, I'm happy to know progress is being made!

Erin

Izzy

#2 Post by Izzy »

I'm 45 and I got braced 9 days ago! Glad your teeth are making some progress. I am amazed that my teeth have also started to move. Just a tiny bit, but some definite movement.

I too wondered if movement would take forever because of my age, but it seems our teeth are willing to cooperate at any age.

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm 40 and got braced 5 days ago and already have a teeny tiny gap appeared between my 2 bottom incisors!
So even us oldies aren't beyond redemption :D normally a wobbly tooth would make us freak out but in these circumstances it's something to be welcomed!

eaglesoaring

#4 Post by eaglesoaring »

Paws917-

Hi! I'm 36 and have been braced for about 6 weeks (plus a couple of days), and I've seen lots of movement!! I'm glad to hear that you're noticing movement! It always helps when you can feel/see something happening. Congrats on a positive feeling!!
eagle

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

Glad to hear there is movement already for you guys.......makes you feel good to start feeling a difference in your teeth already. I am 30 years old and I know how excited I was when my teeth felt "squishy" a few days after being braced!

Deb01

#6 Post by Deb01 »

I'm 39 and have been braced for 1 month. I can see/feel movement too. I have 1 molar that now makes my bite feel out of wack. When I bite down, I can feel it move. It's kind of weird! :roll: YEAH FOR US OLDER CHICKS!!! (If included a guy as a chick, I'm sorry) :oops:
Braced on 6/28/2006

Henna_the_braceface

#7 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

same here. whenever i bite down on my molar it clicks/cracks. :)

Deb01

#8 Post by Deb01 »

Last night while I was flossing, I noticed that where I had 2 teeth kind of overlaping, I now have a tiny gap. At first I thought it was discoloration due to the overlapping. But, sure enough, it is a gap! I was so excited! My 12 year old daughter thought I was nuts. I was sucking air through it and making noises. Of course my family would have no clue as to why this is so exciting. :dance:
Braced on 6/28/2006

Betty Bat

#9 Post by Betty Bat »

Deb01,
Yep, you're absolutely right. Where and how your flossing goes is a really good first indicator that progress is being made. Congratulations!

Dramagyrl

cracks

#10 Post by Dramagyrl »

So are these cracks normal?
I knew loose, shifting teeth was normal, but if I bite certain ways I hear the crack and worry a bracket jumped off or something. I was starting to get a teeny bit worried.