this is kinda gross!! but...........

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

malibu21

this is kinda gross!! but...........

#1 Post by malibu21 »

Hi everyone I am new here, I live in Tennesse and have been offically braced as of July 5th. Ceramic top metal bottom. I have hardly any pain, no discomfort, I can eat pretty much anything I want and be fine. My concern is that around my back molar bands, if I push of the gums white puss comes out, my gums are unusally swollen or sore and it just a small amount, my ortho said it could be glue but I doubt it cause it's been over two weeks and it happens a couple times a day, Anybody have any ideas on this!!!! :!:

susieq182

#2 Post by susieq182 »

Sounds like an infection to me try rinsing good with salt wate as many times a day as you can stand and flossing extra to make sure anything that might be irritating your gums is removed. if it doesnt get better in a few days call you dentist.

Congrats on getting braced and good luck
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

HUmmm I think you probably have an infection- do you still have wisdom teeth? Maybe it could be it them pushing the teeth forwards?
I think you should have an emergency appointment. Make sure your doctor takes a GOOD look at it.

Good luck,

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

:yuck: Sounds like an infection to me as well :yuck:

You definately need to get an emergency appointment. Make sure someone (Ortho/Dentist/Doctor), whoever you can see first, sees you as soon as possible.

Good luck.....congrats on getting braced. Sorry to hear your experience isn't very good so far. :cry:

malibu21

thanks guys

#5 Post by malibu21 »

Well thanks for the help guys, I reread my message it was suppose to say that I do not have any swelling or pain everything fells fine except for that white stuff coming out, also I don't have any wisdom teeth anymore, Since I have been braced I haven't been able to floss between my bottom molar teeth, not even with a threader, there isn't the smallest bit of space to put hair thin floss between them. Could this have something to do with the white stuff :oops:

Katiari

#6 Post by Katiari »

You don't get any sweeling or pain from the beginnings of a deeper abscess, either. You really should have an appointment to get it checked out, even if it is nothing.

payoki

#7 Post by payoki »

can't believe what he said... it could be glue???????
mother of one.

rsprouse

#8 Post by rsprouse »

There are only two true dental emergencies: Bleeding and Infections. Most infections are nothing life threatening, but I have seen plenty of people that let them go when they have initial symptoms and they end up with a very painful abscess or a swollen face or even worse. There is nothing normal that comes out of the oral cavity that is white. Typically an infection presents with some sort of pain, swelling, pressure, or heat. If you are getting "white stuff" (most likely pus) then you have a drainage tract which would explain the lack of pain and swelling. But, an infection in the oral cavity will not get better without treatment. I suggest that you contact your general dentist and ask to be fit in Monday morning. S/he may prescribe antibiotics over the phone or they may want to see you first. If you experience any pain, OTC Motrin is excellent for dental pain (assuming you don't have any allergies to it) Also, a warm salt water rinse should aid in keeping the area clean. If it is an infection and you do not treat it now then you will have a bigger problem down the road. Untreated infections can cause you to lose teeth or other dental problems.

And if it were cement it would be hard and only a few chunks would be coming out.

Good Luck,
Rory