Pizza

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Paws917

Pizza

#1 Post by Paws917 »

I know we're not supposed to eat pizza crusts, but it's okay to eat the middle pieces, isn't it? I mean I don't know how I'm going to do that yet as I've only been braced a week and mac & cheese is about what I'm living on -- not because it's painful, but just because it feels weird to eat. Anyway, hubby is bringing home pizza (cheese) tonight and I'm just trying to figure out how to do this. Knife and fork ... I know.

Any other tips?

Thanks!

Erin

skittley80

#2 Post by skittley80 »

Don't be afraid to eat..just eat small pieces.. You can even eat the crust if it isn't too hard..just chew slow and throughly. I was afraid to eat at first too. I've only had my braces for 3 days..but I eat everything I did before braces, just in smaller pieces

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

tin_grin

#3 Post by tin_grin »

I miss pizza already! I'm surviving on noodle soup and yogurt shakes! :cry:

Braces on: 7/19/06
Tx time: 18-24 months

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

I've not let braces stop me from eating pizza, crust and all. Granted at first I had to cut it up to manage it, but once I was more used to the braces, I was able to eat it perfectly normally.

Go for it - carefully.

(Alas, post-surgery, there's no pizza for me for a while :( )

No one is going to stop me from eating pizza!
So dip the crust in your favorite drink (milk, beer, whatever). :D
Except for the post surgery crowd, that is. :wink:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

If you're feeling insecure about eating pizza, paws, cut it up into small pieces and you'll find it more manageable. I was presented with pizza on day 3 ny an unsuspecting host and found that this worked fine.

There will come a time when you will bite into pizza again....with braces. Trust me.

mindwaves

#6 Post by mindwaves »

I've been eating frozen pizza (cooked of course) the last few days. I just chop it up in small pieces and chew a bit then swallow. I avoid all of the hard parts though. But I do not use my front teeth at all because it hurts like crazy when using them and I wa told not to anyways.

Pirate Wench

#7 Post by Pirate Wench »

GO FOR IT!!!!!! I have been eating pizza all along and haven't had a problem. I don't eat the crust if it is too hard. I don't want to brake any brackets off.

Good luck.....you will love it!

ladygal

my best pizza tip

#8 Post by ladygal »

Bite and tear or cut with knife
get small peices
chew slowly and concentrate!

My husband would "DIE" if he didn't get homemade pizza at least once a week. My crust is crunchy on the outside and chewy/soft inside...it is SO good (if I do say so myself); but as long as I follow the above rules; I've had no problems. If you concentrate on what you're chewing then hopefully you'll use your molars to chew instead of slipping onto your brackets!

Good luck and happy eating

p.s. If you like to try my recipe, just e-mail me!

Paws917

#9 Post by Paws917 »

Okay, I did eat the pizza and it went much better than I thought it would! I cut it into little pieces and it was pretty cheesy, so it was quite soft.

Erin

Idislikebraces

#10 Post by Idislikebraces »

Wow..I just eat the pizza...I ate frozen pizza today..i made it in the toaster oven..cause it comes out..well toasty! nd I just eat it..meh..i guess its just me.. :? :shock: :D
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

Willz

#11 Post by Willz »

I don't eat pizza crusts coz it hurts. I still tear it up into little bits too lol :oops:

nvcarissa

#12 Post by nvcarissa »

Knife and a fork worked wonders in the early days. I would use them for hamburgers too! Pizza is off limits for me right now...and my goodness, I miss it!!

I keep telling myself that this isn't forever...it only FEELS like it. Two more weeks of "No Chew" and then.... :?:

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

paulosportz

#13 Post by paulosportz »

i eat anything.... just takes some time and more effort

eg cutting up into smaller peices and chewing carefully

cheese always gets stuck everywhere after pizza lol

Lisa65

#14 Post by Lisa65 »

Cooked cheese is about the worst thing for wrapping round the brackets!

Dark_angel

#15 Post by Dark_angel »

:D pizza. Its one of my favorite foods, and to believe i only started eating it a few years back, always hated it. I couldnt live without it, and near my ortho is a pizza hut so after an adjustment i normally pop in for a pizza :oops: I admit it was difficult to eat at first but im used to it and i even enjoy the crusts.

I think corn on the cob has to be the worst thing for getting stuck in the brackets.