1 WEEK IN

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ZONEY

1 WEEK IN

#1 Post by ZONEY »

HI ALL.
I'M 44 AND JUST GOT UPPERS ON JULY 14.(LOWERS LATER DUE TO 100% OVERBITE) I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE HERE FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT YOU GIVE! IT REALLY HELPED ME TO DECIDE TO GO FOR IT, AND TO BE MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT IT! I'VE PUT BOTH MY CHILDREN THROUGH BRACES(THE YOUNGEST GOT HIS OFF ABOUT A YEAR AGO), SO NOW I FIGURE ITS DAD'S TURN, RIGHT?
I KICKED IT AROUND FOR 6 MONTHS BEFORE GETTING SERIOUS ABOUT IT.

THE FIRST WEEK WENT WAY BETTER THAN I EXPECTED! DAYS 3 AND 4 I WAS PRETTY SORE, BUT STILL ABLE TO EAT(GENTLY). NEEDED WAX FOR A COUPLE DAYS, BUT THAT PASSED. AND I DID HAVE A COUPLE SHORT TERM PANIC ATTACKS(WHAT HAVE I DONE!)(HEY I CANT TAKE THESE OFF!) BUT NOW THERE IS NO IRRITATION OR SORENESS AND I ALREADY SOMETIMES DONT NOTICE THEM!

ANYWAY, HELLO AND THANKS! AND ITS NICE TO KNOW YOU ALL ARE GOING TO BE HERE.

ZONEY

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi Zoney, glad to hear you're doing so well.

Henna_the_braceface

#3 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Hi. Hope you have lots of progress!

Cor1

good to know

#4 Post by Cor1 »

Yes I am getting both upper and lowers on Thursday.......and I am excited and scared, after reading all the posts, some have it easier than others, so I am trying to prepare for anything.........

Was wondering if rinsing with warm water now, might toughen up my mouth for the braces, or do you have to wait till t hey get put on??

mamabracito

#5 Post by mamabracito »

Congratulations! I'm going on 5 days now and like you the first few days were pretty tender.

I'm glad you decided it was your turn to get braced. It will be well worth it in the end.

Rebecca :P

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

July 18, 2006 Speed Braces on both Top and Bottoms!
July 30, 2007 BSSO, Le Fort 1, SARPE, and something else Surgery lol!

Izzy

#6 Post by Izzy »

Zoney, I'm 45 and got braced on the 12th so we are really in this together. Glad to hear things are going well for you. So far the braces have been going well for me too.

ssfw

#7 Post by ssfw »

Hi ZONEY,

Congratulations on getting your braces and glad things are going well. How long is your ortho treatment and what type of ortho correction do you need?

I have had my expander for about 6 months and upper braces about 2 months. I will be getting my lower braces at my next appt. My ortho treatment is to correct a crossbite, which was corrected in about 3-1/2 months with the expander, about 2-1/2 months earlier than expected, and the braces are to correct my bite and overjet and to get some minor things corrected. My estimated treatment time is about 20 months.

Had you been thinking about getting braces for awhile? I hope your treatment continues to go smoothly. Mine has gone so well and I have not regretted proceeding with ortho treatment.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08