chicago ortho?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suetemi

chicago ortho?

#1 Post by suetemi »

Hi all, this is my first post, so please excuse any onslaught of newbie-esque questions. I found out this week that I have an open bite and will need braces and eventually upper/lower jaw surgery. While visiting my family out of state, I went to see their dentist for a cleaning. I got recommended to an ortho for a consultation, had panoramic x-rays taken, and the ortho explained the treatment. He said it's a long-term thing so I need to find an ortho in my city. Now I'm returning home and need to find a good ortho in Chicago. Sooo...Anyone have any recommendations? I could randomly pick from the Yellow Pages, but it would be more reassuring to get a recommendation from a person with positive experience. Unfortunately I don't know too many people here, and the few people that I know don't have dental/ortho issues so they'd likely be as clueless as I am. I guess I can schedule a consult with different ones to compare, but I'm afraid that each one will have me take x-rays and charge me. This is overwhelming, I'm new to all this...Thanks for any help.

Sheree

#2 Post by Sheree »

What side of the city are you interested in? Are you willing to travel to the south suburbs?

Azalin

#3 Post by Azalin »

My orthodontist is located in downtown, Chicago. If that's good for you, just send me a PM asking for his contact info.

Paws917

#4 Post by Paws917 »

My ortho isn't in the city, but he's in Oak Park and he's FANTASTIC! He did my husband's teeth about 10 years ago and he pulled off a miracle with them. Oak Park is a western suburb about 15-20 minutes away from downtown. E-mail me if you want his name.

Erin