Better Day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Paws917

Better Day

#1 Post by Paws917 »

Well, it's a little better today. My mouth doesn't hurt so bad, but my tongue is irritated on one side and that's driving me to distraction! Considering my braces are on the outside of my teeth, why do you think my tongue would be irritated? I have felt this kind of irritation before ... usually when I am eating or drinking differently, like on vacation or around the holidays. Do you think all this metal in my mouth is changing the pH of my mouth? I know it's a crazy idea.

I am beginning to hear/feel a slight popping or cracking in my teeth at times. That's good, right?

Erin

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I think the slight popping thing is probably your teeth loosening up. I had something like that for awhile, but I don't notice it anymore. Is your tounge sore because you're worrying the insides of your teeth more with it? I know mine got sore because I was always pushing on the inside of me teeth to feel the little movement/clicking. It was fun. Or it could just be because you're using your mouth differently, like you mention. Anyway - congrats on feeling better.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.