Question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At last

Question

#1 Post by At last »

Is is ever possible to eat crunchy things again?? lol I am craving things like tacos and chips and salsa (mexican is my fav!!) and I am afraid of never feeling comfy enough to eat them!! If you did eventually start eating these things, how long into your treatment did it feel "normal"?

Spacers ~ June 21, 2006
All metal Braces ~ Jul 11, 2006
Est. Treatment time ~ 18 months

Cor1

Yaaaa...

#2 Post by Cor1 »

Hi there, I had 8 spacers put in almost 2 weeks ago, and has of a few days ago I could almost eat my usual stuff...mmmmmmmmhhhhh, isn't it funny how you miss a certain type of thing when ya can't have it!!!

And now that I can almost eat what I want...........I'm going in for my braces this Thursday!!!! Back to mashed potatoes and yougurt!!!

Cor1

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Yes! It is possible to eat all those things you mention. Give it about a month.

decisionmade

#4 Post by decisionmade »

Yes you will be able to eat again and enjoy it!!! hang in there...I love nachos etc and have no probs now(as long as its not close t o an adjustment apointment)...any initial weight loss came back too..oh well:)
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

Dramagyrl

#5 Post by Dramagyrl »

That's goodo to hear!!
I too just got my braces 14 days ago At Last, and I was feeling the same way. I was starting to eat a few more solid foods in the last couple of days, but certainly not the nachos I too was craving or that juicy burger I want just because I know I can't.
Today the teeth started hurting all over again and I need to step back on the food progress I thought I was making.
I'm glad you asked if it gets better, because I sure want that to be the case for me too!

Paws917

#6 Post by Paws917 »

I have been braced for about 10 days now and I feel EXACTLY like you do! I am sooo sick of pasta! I want Mexican food or pizza or something with flavor!

My teeth are not quite as sore anymore as they were at first, but my problem is the spaces between my teeth. My teeth are not crooked, but they have space between them. I don't know if it's because of the archwire acting as a wall or if it's teeth shifting but I've found that while I'm eating, food gets packed into those spaces so tightly that it's very uncomfortable and almost painful at times. I feel like a toothless old hag living on ice cream, yogurt, eggs and pasta!

Erin

Paws917

#7 Post by Paws917 »

Oh, I've already explored the soft-chew offerings in the dessert world and found far too many for my own good! LOL

Erin