2 years on Sunday

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tkais

2 years on Sunday

#1 Post by tkais »

Well, my 2 year anniversary with braces is Sunday and the ortho won't give me a debanding date. We are working on lining up my mid-line.
I started out with upper braces and a quad helix expander. After 3 months the expander came out and at six months my bottom braces went on. I think the next step will be elastics to help get everything into position. Progress seems fast at first, but now it seems as though nothing is moving. Starting to get a little discouraged. I know I'm almost there but some days I feel like they will never come off.
I will post before and after pictures after my braces come off because I am terrible at taking pictures of my own teeth.

fins

#2 Post by fins »

Just hang in there, they will come off before you know it. I know it's hard but you want everything to be just right when they come off because you know you don't want to do this a second time, right?

I'm waiting too and I see little stuff that is new that I will need to fix so it's frustrating since I think I am going to be delayed also but I KNOW I want it to be the best result possible cause no way am I doing braces again! I take it in 3-4 month intervals so I can handle it mentally better than looking at 6 months or longer at a stretch. It seems to help and from my experience, things can often be remedied within 3 or 4 months.

I think it's easier to get discouraged at the end when you see something delay your debanding date. You'll be very surprised when you see how fast some elastics can move teeth.

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

I'm curious, how many of us have passed the..

2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ???
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

tkais

#4 Post by tkais »

Thanks to you all for your support. My next adjustment is August 4. Maybe he will have good news for me.

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

congratz! :D

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

Tkais! Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: I hope you get a debanding date soon! Good luck with fixing your midline!

Chris, I reached my 2 year anniversary in April and I'm nowhere near done! Have to admit I'm kind of jealous of all those who have thier braces off or even debanding dates at 2 years! I'm probably only about halfway through! :roll: Still haven't even started elastics, still waiting for "Billy", my impacted bicuspid to be bracketed! :wink:

~hAnnah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment: finally bonding a bracket to my impacted bicuspid, "BIlly!"