Laser Treatment and Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eva0614

Laser Treatment and Braces

#1 Post by eva0614 »

Quite embarrasing to ask :oops: , but I'm not sure if anyone here had such experience before -

I'm going to have a LASER treatment to remove the tiny hairs above the upper lip this saturday. I am not sure if the laser treatment will have some bad effect on the braces or hurt my teeth/gum cos the laser light is of high temperature?

Samantha08

#2 Post by Samantha08 »

Well, I havent had that done but I would think the best thing you could do was call either the laser technician, your ortho, or both. They would know best. :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Lillers

#3 Post by Lillers »

Don't be embarrassed. I had a laser treatment just the other day, and no probs at all. Still, asking the ortho wouldn't hurt, just to be sure.

katmc_tx

#4 Post by katmc_tx »

I'm having laser treatment done too and I asked both the laser tech and my ortho and both said one shouldnt have any effect on the other. I've had my braces for over six months and have three treatments for laser and so far so good. You should ask both your laser tech and ortho just to set you mind at ease and good luck. :D
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Echo

#5 Post by Echo »

I have had this done several times on my upper lip. They always give me some gauze to cover my top braces with. This gives a little padding so your braces won't cut the inside of your lip since they have to press down on your lip with the laser. Cutting the inside of your lip would be the only problem with having the laser treatment done.
[/url]